★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Thanks all your love to Jelly Bear.
Also get Jelly Bear HD for iPad!
Match jellies, bombs, and bears now and get addicted to Jelly Bear!

- Match as fast as you can to achieve high scores
- Match 5-in-a-row to create jelly bomb!
- Match 8-in-a-row to create jelly bear! Double and triple your scores!
- Clear a certain color by lucky draw while matching 10-in-a-row!

Features
- Stunning graphics
- 3 game modes
- 3 game board sizes
- Funny music and sound effects
- Weekly leaderboard for facebook friends
- GameCenter global leader boards and achievements

Follow Us
http://twitter.com/7thplayground
http://www.7thplayground.com

lsozke's comments:
Jelly Bear is a fast-paced, fun, and cute puzzle game!
HD version is also available, with a versus mode for 2 players!

06-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Played it for 10 minutes and already I can tell it will be a big hit. I've never played a game like it but I don't play many of these match 3 games. I love how you've given the option to choose the grid size for a friendlier learning curve. Some things I'm unsure of; how do you go back to the menu from in-game, also how do I change my name on the local scores from "your name".

Edit: Discovered how to change my name

Last edited by EnShinNoi; 06-10-2011 at 11:55 PM.

06-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Thanks for your comments EnShinNoi. To change the player name, just tap "Your Name" on the top of the sreen. May be the "Tap here" hint is a bit too subtle. BTW, a button would be added from in-game back to menu in next update.

7th Playground - iOS game developer
Puzzle: Jelly Bear
Running: Speedy Pigs
Platformer: Black Tie Adventure
06-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsozke View Post
Thanks for your comments EnShinNoi. To change the player name, just tap "Your Name" on the top of the sreen. May be the "Tap here" hint is a bit too subtle. BTW, a button would be added from in-game back to menu in next update.
Cool.

In other news, I bumped the top speedy score over 2 million But with the way those scores start multiplying with lucky draw, I'd imagine over 5 million would be achievable.
06-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Lol, have downloaded it. I like the graphics very much. Hope it a gorgeous one.
06-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Try achieve high scores with bomb chain too.

06-11-2011, 09:51 AM
To be honest I liked this game more than I thought I would - it is very cute and fun. I know you haven't asked for feedback, but I've listed a few suggestions for you to consider in future updates.

- Lower the music in relation to sound effects. The sound effects are great but the music drowns them out. Perhaps you could make these volumes adjustable.
- The square are a little too small for my fingers on the 8x and 10x sizes. I can only really play the 6x grid with my big fingers as I find it difficult to trace lines with the smaller blocks. (ipod Touch here)
- If the time runs out during a move, it should still show and count that last move. Time ran out mid way through a bomb chain and I felt a little ripped off.
- Sometimes it feels like the last move before the level is cleared isn't shown, becase the end of level scoreboard comes up so fast and suddenly.
- Perhaps change the wording in the tutorial from "collect jelly bomb" to "match jelly bomb". I thought I'd just be able to tap them and was wondering why nothing happened. Same applies to jelly bears.
- The help screen should explain what the lucky draw does too.
- It would be fun if the magic draw colours were slowed down just a little so skilled players could try and select the colour they want removed
- Adding a sound effect after 3, 2, 1 will add to the anticipation and give players a better indication when to start.
- No option to quit to menu on the pause menu? I have to wait til time runs out?
- When touching to type your name, have it remove "your name" when you start typing.

Despite this list of criticisms, I really like the game. Thanks!

Currently playing: 1000 Heroz, Disc Drivin, Hard Lines, Real Racin' 2, Jetpack Joyride

Last edited by KiwiAcer; 06-11-2011 at 09:56 AM.
06-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Hi KiwiAcer, thanks for the in depth suggestions and we would consider in the updates. Hope you enjoy the game!

06-11-2011, 11:31 AM
When game paused, you can't find any button to main menu. And my non iPad screen is so panic an experience to play.
06-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer:

Note:

First few Minutes of Gameplay.