★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Good RPG for iPhone

04-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Good RPG for iPhone

I need help picking a good lengthy RPG for my iPhone 3G. Currently I'm stuck between three choices: Chronicles of Inotia, Vay, or Arvale, and each has its strengths and weaknesses. Of course, I don't know how good each game is since I never played them and none of them has demos. I am looking for an RPG with good graphics, preferably turn-based like many C- and J-RPGs, has multiple language settings, and good music or allows you to listen to your own music while playing.
The downside to Inotia is that it's extremely repetitive and I heard about some lag issues; downside to Vay is that it has a bug where inventory items have no visible stats so it's impossible to compare equipment, not sure if it's fixed; downside to Arvale is that it has an ugly HUD that takes up 1/3 of the screen and doesn't have great graphics.
Any other RPG suggestions would be welcome too.
Thanks~

Last edited by Aurora; 04-16-2009 at 08:02 PM.
04-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I need help picking a good lengthy RPG for my iPhone 3G. Currently I'm stuck between three choices: Chronicles of Inotia, Vay, or Arvale, and each has its strengths and weaknesses. Of course, I don't know how good each game is since I never played them and none of them has demos. I am looking for an RPG with good graphics (Inotia qualifies for this), preferably turn-based like many C- and J-RPGs (Vay and Arvale qualifies for this), has multiple language settings (Inotia and Vay qualifies for this), and good music or allows you to listen to your own music while playing.
The downside to Inotia is that it's extremely repetitive and I heard about some lag issues; downside to Vay is that it has a bug where inventory items have no visible stats so it's impossible to compare equipment, not sure if it's fixed; downside to Arvale is that it has an ugly HUD that takes up 1/3 of the screen and doesn't have great graphics.
Any other RPG suggestions would be welcome too.
Thanks~

chronicles of inotia

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games

04-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Wait for Zenonia LMAO

Celebrating the Bliss of Eliss~
Eliss, my #1 favorite game of all time
04-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stykman View Post
chronicles of inotia
yup
get coi
04-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Vay.

Really addicting and engaging storyline. Haven't had a bug in this game although the graphics and menu are kinda ugly. It is a port of a very old game so that's understandable. Unlike Chronicles of Inotia, it is unrepetitive and provides probably 40 hours of gameplay. Took me so long to beat the game it wasn't even funny. The only problem is that once you beat the game, there is no replay value whatsoever.
04-16-2009, 08:08 PM
The most recent RPG I've played on my iPhone is The Quest. It even has a lite version that you can try first: The Quest Lite
I strongly recommend it. It's highly customisable. There are several races and classes you can play. You have lots of choice on what stats you upgrade. Loads and loads of quests too. It's an excellent RPG that has kept me occupied for many many hours so far (at least 30 hours).
04-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Wait for Zenonia
+1..

Last edited by crimson.; 04-16-2009 at 08:14 PM.
04-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post
The most recent RPG I've played on my iPhone is The Quest. It even has a lite version that you can try first: The Quest Lite
I strongly recommend it. It's highly customisable. There are several races and classes you can play. You have lots of choice on what stats you upgrade. Loads and loads of quests too. It's an excellent RPG that has kept me occupied for many many hours so far (at least 30 hours).
+1 definitely.
04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
What do you mean? Arvale has a demo. Try it and see if it suits you.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
04-16-2009, 08:21 PM
The Quest has no real rivals on the iphone. Get it.

Vay does display stats by the way, they fixed that a while ago. COI is terrible BTW. Feels like it was thrown together in a few hours.