★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Sharkę - Titanic and "Sharks with Lasers"

06-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Atlantis Oceans - Sharkę - 1.5.2 - New Male Character

The Egypt, Caribbean,Titanic and Australia locations are included in Sharkę 1.5.2

Have a good swim!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ChooseCharacter_ForFacebook.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	40699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot6Male_960.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	40700  

Last edited by olivierlr; 01-14-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: New Game Version
01-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Francesca Cousteau, heroine of Sharkę is no longer single!
She found a great diving buddy in Michael Jones Jr., the new male diver character available in Shark 1.5.2.

Check it out on the AppStore:Sharkę 1.5.2

And Michael is a pretty good explorer too...

Enjoy and Have fun under water!

02-04-2012, 11:07 AM
New Atlantis Oceans Official Trailer

Hi Everyone,

Check out the new Official Trailer for Atlantis Oceans!

02-04-2012, 11:52 AM
This looks interesting; I'm a fan of almost anything with an underwater/marine theme.

A few questions:

1) Does the game feature any kind of story? What sort of objectives do you have to complete? Is it stuff like "kill xx sharks" or "collect xx fish", or do you have to accomplish story goals (find the sunken ship, repair the underwater cables, rescue the stranded diver, etc.)

2) It mentions over 80 different fish to collect. Does the game have a screen that shows us information about the fish we collect? species name, diet, rarity, etc.?
02-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I see they're still trying to plug away and sell this less than mediocre title. Wots of wuck! And if there's one thing I can't stand, it's these devs who keep making fishing games where you're supposed to catch aquarium fish! Not everyone's so ignorant as to not know there's no foot long Moorish Idol fish or 'Nemo'-type orange Clown Fish! That always pisses me off. I had this game for 10 minutes before it was deleted and felt I wasted good money on it at the time......
02-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
I see they're still trying to plug away and sell this less than mediocre title.
Sorry you didn't like it, and perhaps part of your dissatisfaction was due to the way the game was presented, at first. The previous name did, indeed, give the impression of either extreme fishing or shark fighting, whereas it's actually a gentle ocean exploration, adventuring type game aimed at the casual gamer.

I liked it enough to review it in the Touch Arcade user reviews forums. I'm still playing it. I'm still loving it, and I still feel like I'm having a blast. And I'm very happy there are different styles of games for different styles of folks.

I've certainly never seen this as a fishing-type game. It's definitely more in the set collection, go explore the bottom of the sea and see what you find, find the hidden object, solve the puzzle genre.

Last edited by dclose; 02-04-2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: corrected link
02-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puce Moose View Post
This looks interesting; I'm a fan of almost anything with an underwater/marine theme.

A few questions:

1) Does the game feature any kind of story? What sort of objectives do you have to complete? Is it stuff like "kill xx sharks" or "collect xx fish", or do you have to accomplish story goals (find the sunken ship, repair the underwater cables, rescue the stranded diver, etc.)

2) It mentions over 80 different fish to collect. Does the game have a screen that shows us information about the fish we collect? species name, diet, rarity, etc.?
Hi Puce Moose,

Here are some information to answer your questions.
Atlantis Oceans is an action game with a taste of adventure. It is not an aquarium type game where you grow, feed and breed fish.
You play a male or female scuba divers who is looking for the Atlantis Keys found in different locations around the globe. To do so, you equip yourself with all kinds of equipment to dive deeper, faster, longer. You buy some guns (knife, spear gun, taser gun, bubble gun, dynamite) to fence away all kinds of sharks. To fund your quest you catch lots of different fishes and artifacts which you sell at the marketplace. You can view all the things you've collected in the marketplace.
In Challenge mode you have some objectives. For example in the Caribbean you need to repair oil pipes which are leaking.

So in short to answer your questions:
1) It is a mix of free form catching fish as well as goals oriented missions.

2) Yes you can see all the fishes and artifacts details. For fish you get the name and short description but no "scientific details". It is not a dictionary of fish but you get to learn their names.

There are a few more promo codes to grab - Go to the Promo codes section in the Forum.

Thanks for your interest.

Olivier
02-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Great, thanks for the code and information olivierlr. I should have a chance to try the game out this evening. I'll post some impressions.
02-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Sorry you didn't like it, and perhaps part of your dissatisfaction was due to the way the game was presented, at first. The previous name did, indeed, give the impression of either extreme fishing or shark fighting, whereas it's actually a gentle ocean exploration, adventuring type game aimed at the casual gamer.

I liked it enough to review it in the Touch Arcade user reviews forums. I'm still playing it. I'm still loving it, and I still feel like I'm having a blast. And I'm very happy there are different styles of games for different styles of folks.

I've certainly never seen this as a fishing-type game. It's definitely more in the set collection, go explore the bottom of the sea and see what you find, find the hidden object, solve the puzzle genre.
If you read the description even now, it says it's a fishing game and with your speargun and taser, you catch fish, dolphin, and sharks. Kinda presented as a fishing game, eh? Even user comments there describe it as such. I'm just sayin'.