App description: "Gaming App of the Day" - Kotaku

TOP 10 Card Game in over 100 countries

Kard Combat is a FREE single and multiplayer card game where you confront one rival after another in exciting card duels.

Co-designed by Richard Garfield, creator of Magic: The Gathering game, Kard Combat is one of the highest-rated strategy card games on the App Store.

Fight your way up the Tower in a 33 battle campaign.
Choose from 8 playable characters, each with unique tactics.
Play online multiplayer battles in either timed or regular game modes.
Practice your skills in Single Duel mode.
Solve seemingly impossible puzzles in the formidable Challenge Mode.
Collect over 120 hand-painted cards from former Magic artists.

http://www.facebook.com/kardcombat
http://www.hotheadgames.com/privacy-policy/


1.3 update information


1.3 update includes support for iOS 5. This update takes advantage of new features in iOS 5, implementing an asynchronous, turn-based multiplayer games mode using Game Center.

Players can now also earn new powerful cards for their decks by recruiting their friends to the game, using the in-game friend referrals system. There are 3 new cards to earn:

Baphomet card - Increases the damage from all the owners spell cards by 50%.
Vassal of Water card - Heals 10 life to owner when summoned. Water mana growth +1. Attack equals water mana.
Traitor card - Destroys targeted opponents card.

Additional new 1.3 features include:
A new 'Pass and Play' multiplayer mode for playing against friends on a single device
Option to auto-complete all of the mage sets for players who purchase the full unlocked game

VeganTnT's comments:


Looks awesome and Free if you have a CA account...
07-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Nassau County, NY
Posts: 1,269
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldat7 View Post
Any updates forthcoming? Or has this game been forgotten...?
Not forgotten, abandoned. Given two additional Mages were in the original game, the abandonment really, really sucks.

Zebracadabra (GC) -Agricola, Puerto Rico, Lords of Waterdeep, Disc Drivin'.
Watch for Super 3 - Coming Soon! DYNASTIES is in the App Store!
08-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
Not forgotten, abandoned. Given two additional Mages were in the original game, the abandonment really, really sucks.
Playing Spectromancer (and enjoying it immensely) makes me pine for Kard Combat again. I've given up on new kontent and higher-res graphics. I just want the dang ads to go away. That's it.

Hamish! Have you abandoned us??? My emails have simply disappeared...

08-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeh I fired up lard combat the other day in anticipation of spectos, only to find those gay adds. I must have updated the app but not played it yet with the adds. Horrible, and to really turn the knife, we paid like what $10? And now we have adds? Very poor form.
08-28-2012, 07:17 PM
It has never shown any ads to me...
08-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Interesting! What sort of unlock if at all do you have? I think I bought the $10 unlock all or something like that. Also ate u latest version?
I get an add as soon as I open it. Can't even get to the menu without the same add
08-28-2012, 10:49 PM
That's really weird. I got the game this year, so I'm at the latest version (the last update came the other year) and I'm pretty sure I bought the full unlock as well. I play it mostly offline, but even for online matches I've never seen anything as far as I remember.
Did you get the three cards from friend referrals?
08-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloko View Post
That's really weird. I got the game this year, so I'm at the latest version (the last update came the other year) and I'm pretty sure I bought the full unlock as well. I play it mostly offline, but even for online matches I've never seen anything as far as I remember.
Did you get the three cards from friend referrals?
I get ads every other time I fire it up, approximately. It's really crappy, but hey, it's Hothead.

Regarding the three cards from friend referrals, just send a bunch of emails to 'bob' and you'll get the cards. You can send a bunch of emails to nobody multiple times and bam...cards.
08-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Full unlock, latest version, still play it every day, never once seen an ad ever. I had to double check that you guys were talking about Kard Combat. Hmm, strange, I'd be pretty upset if I saw an ad pop up too.
08-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldat7 View Post
Regarding the three cards from friend referrals, just send a bunch of emails to 'bob' and you'll get the cards. You can send a bunch of emails to nobody multiple times and bam...cards.
Yep, I think everybody does that.
08-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Anarchy View Post
Full unlock, latest version, still play it every day, never once seen an ad ever. I had to double check that you guys were talking about Kard Combat. Hmm, strange, I'd be pretty upset if I saw an ad pop up too.
Consider yourself lucky. Do not delete and reinstall the app!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.