★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nevosoft
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.9 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: Zzed is a wonderfully unique mashup of classic gaming formulas. Its a great mix of Asteroids, Bust-a-Move, and pool that somehow all seems to work - www.gamezebo.com

...No doubt there are a countless number of Tetris apps for the iPhone. But with Zzed, Nevosoft have given us Tetris with a twist. And oh yes, theyve done it well.- iPwnGames.com

Special sale price as we celebrate the launch of Zzed! This great deal won't last forever

A space odissey in the action genre. You, the brave alien ZZed, are on your way to rid space of meteorites, break a transgalactic conspiracy, and win the hand of the beautiful alien Zzuma. Humor, dynamic action, and a lively gameplay will keep you, your friends, and your family captivated up to the very end.

Features:
Unique gameplay: a mixture of a space shooter and a
match-3 logical puzzle
60 successive, advancing levels in 10 episodes
A detective romance comic
Hip soundtrack
Fantastic explosive bonuses
Game Center Support
iPhone 4 Retina Display support
iOS 4+ multitasking support

Clean up space and fight for your love!
----------------------------------------------------------
Not ready to buy the full version? Try the free version: Zzed: match 3 cosmic shooter Lite
----------------------------------------------------------
LIKE GAMES BY NEVOSOFT?
WHY NOT TRY SOME OF OUR OTHER GAMES!

Magic Academy 2: fascinating adventure game that mixes hidden object hunts with mini-games and sorcery.

Mysteryville: Sort out the small town's mysterious events in this classic hidden object game - made just the way it should be!

Million Dollar Quest: Solve the mystery from main heros childhood, travel the world and win one million dollars in the unique mixture of hidden object, puzzle and adventure genres!

Pioneer lands: an addictive combination of business simulation and strategy set on the frontier of America's Old West! A true Western casual game!

Supercow: super-dynamic arcade game about the adventures of a new character that deserves everyone's attention! Supercow doesnt give milk, she just rocks!
---------------------------------------------------------
THIS GAME WAS PUBLISHED BY NEVOSOFT.
If you want to successfully release your game on the App Store, write us at publishing@nevosoft.com.
Our experts perform the following services:
- Producing your game in the final stages of development
- Localizing it into more than 10 languages
- Preparing your game for release (and the release itself)
- Marketing (We have a loyal client base of over a million users)
- Promoting your game in various media
- Providing quality customer support.
---------------------------------------------------------
Get the inside scoop on Nevosoft Games:
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Nevosoft
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/NevosoftGames
Watch us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/NevosoftCOM
Visit our site: http://www.iphone.nevosoft.com

Squeaker's comments:

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/app/zzed-match-3-cosmic-shooter/id432278785?mt=8
06-12-2011, 04:35 AM
Just played the lite version of this and was impressed it adds alot the old bubble shooter genere with tons of polish only thing that's putting me off buying is the lack if an endless mode

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!

06-12-2011, 04:48 AM
I tried the lite too, liked it well enough, but at this price and still not universal I'm putting my foot down and saying "no thanks."

To add insult to injury, the (more expensive) standalone iPad version doesn't actually even look that good.

Another case of a perfectly decent game pricing itself out of the competition. Worth putting on your wish list though for the inevitable sale.
06-17-2011, 02:02 AM
iPhone version is on sale for $0.99. Well worth it too, this is a really fun game and a unique take on the genre.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
06-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Just bought it and its worth a buck for sure. Fun play that's different for a match-3. Might be worth a second look for some now that its discounted.

Later add: Would have liked to have rated this higher but not with pop up windows wanting to rate the game continually. Why should I be elbow twisted when I've already purchased the game. (this is a statement not a question, btw).

Last edited by Coldar; 06-18-2011 at 01:23 PM.
06-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Game Impressions

Here are my impressions. Loved this game back in the day when it was on PC.

I love this game! You control a spaceship that fires pieces to math three or more. It's very similar to Zuma or similar games, but it has some neat twists in that 1) pieces come from mulitiple sides, 2) there is an element of gravity/ricochet of pieces, and 3) there are often buildings that restrict the play area. This, combined with limited health for your ship, makes it challenging and interesting. You can also move your ship around. So you have to manage to get the best combos while also making sure pieces (your own or moving ones) do not hit you. It sounds simple but it can get quite challenging and hectic on the later levels.

A few minor gripes-- you have to tap on your ship first to move it around. It would be great if you could implement some sort of swipe to move system. Also, the game tells me I've earned trophies, but there's no way to look at them! You also cannot replay individual levels-- the game makes you replay the entire world, resetting your old scores. One final issue I have is that there are no global leaderboards-- please implement these! Otherwise it's kind of silly to play alone.

The music is clear and fits the game, it's retina optimized and looks great, and it has an interesting storyline as well. Definitely recommended if you like Zuma style games.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
06-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
Here are my impressions. Loved this game back in the day when it was on PC.

I love this game! You control a spaceship that fires pieces to math three or more. It's very similar to Zuma or similar games, but it has some neat twists in that 1) pieces come from mulitiple sides, 2) there is an element of gravity/ricochet of pieces, and 3) there are often buildings that restrict the play area. This, combined with limited health for your ship, makes it challenging and interesting. You can also move your ship around. So you have to manage to get the best combos while also making sure pieces (your own or moving ones) do not hit you. It sounds simple but it can get quite challenging and hectic on the later levels.

A few minor gripes-- you have to tap on your ship first to move it around. It would be great if you could implement some sort of swipe to move system. Also, the game tells me I've earned trophies, but there's no way to look at them! You also cannot replay individual levels-- the game makes you replay the entire world, resetting your old scores. One final issue I have is that there are no global leaderboards-- please implement these! Otherwise it's kind of silly to play alone.

The music is clear and fits the game, it's retina optimized and looks great, and it has an interesting storyline as well. Definitely recommended if you like Zuma style games.
I actually like how this game handles going back to previous levels, by forcing your to replay and an entire section AND the fact that going back to previous levels resets your combined score, the end scores are much more likely to be from a single run through and not the combined totals of a million best runs. They also track your best scores for each level so even if you DO decide to redo a section, your previous best scores on a level are recalled.

I also love the way they change up the levels, the array of power-ups, and the game's scoring system that greatly rewards successive clearings. Lastly I think it is pretty cool how the physics of the game work (same colored rocks are slightly attracted to each other which can help when you can't get a direct shot to some location and how you can shoot rocks just to knock a group of rocks away from your ship.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 06-18-2011 at 09:53 AM.
06-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
Also, the game tells me I've earned trophies, but there's no way to look at them!
Okay, I just caught onto this...and actually there is sort of. The only achievements I've seen in the game so far (4 out of the game's 7 sectors in now) are based on completing a level so if you want to know what achievements you've earned so far just look at the little galaxy sections with red flags and those are your "achievements".

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Just picked up the paid version of this, it's a ton of fun and a nice change of pace for the marble shooting genre. This game deserves alot more love.
07-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltab View Post
Just picked up the paid version of this, it's a ton of fun and a nice change of pace for the marble shooting genre. This game deserves alot more love.
Ambitious pricing at release and lack of universal unfortunately sealed this game's fate. The iPhone version is worth anyone's buck; enjoyable gameplay and looks better than the iPad version.