Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-12-2011, 02:29 PM
magihiro magihiro is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 824
Default

Anyone who throws a $200+ device at a wall because of a game 1)has SERIOUS anger issues, and 2)does not deserve such a device, with as little a respect of property/material as they have. I'm sorry that that person's device was covered under warranty.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-12-2011, 02:32 PM
hhhh hhhh is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magihiro View Post
Anyone who throws a $200+ device at a wall because of a game 1)has SERIOUS anger issues, and 2)does not deserve such a device, with as little a respect of property/material as they have. I'm sorry that that person's device was covered under warranty.
We realize that, it is not necessary to take such a thread so seriously.

On a more relevant note, JET CAR STUNTS ARGHHHHGHSIDHGSHDGBLASNB
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-12-2011, 02:39 PM
phattestfatty phattestfatty is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
Tried and died a few hundred times, but i'll give the entire campaign another go on my 4g now (deleted out of frustration on the 1g). Might be easier if the game runs a bit smoother.
use all of your best guns; rocket launcher, plasma, I don't fully remember, but I think laser gun doesn't work the best. It pounces, so when it's about to, change directions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Lol, I already told you that you had to alternate between paralyzing and shooting + running. It's easy. You'll get it next time around without any difficulty.

The only game I remember that fits this for me was The Impossible Game. That shit was a bitch. There's been a few other games that I deleted once I reached levels that were too hard to be rewarding upon finishing them though. But yeah, these are generally puzzle games I guess.
I never paralyzed. I used a lot of rockets. and plasma.

and yea, puzzles and platformers, that's about it. BMX can get frustrating if you're going for acievements. Probably some more I can't really think of. oh, and dinosmash. I suck balls at it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-12-2011, 02:39 PM
12yam 12yam is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 226
Default

Just yesterday I deleted Great Little War Game, a strategy game I'd come to love....until i got to a particular level where the fricking AI had such an unfair upperhand with resources I was screaming at my iPod

I was probably just using a bad strategy, but either way, it got me pretty pissed off!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-12-2011, 02:43 PM
phattestfatty phattestfatty is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yam View Post
Just yesterday I deleted Great Little War Game, a strategy game I'd come to love....until i got to a particular level where the fricking AI had such an unfair upperhand with resources I was screaming at my iPod

I was probably just using a bad strategy, but either way, it got me pretty pissed off!
</3.... WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DELETE THAT?!?!?!!?!? coulda just asked for help on the glwg thread....
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-12-2011, 02:45 PM
12yam 12yam is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
</3.... WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DELETE THAT?!?!?!!?!? coulda just asked for help on the glwg thread....
LOL i'll probably redownload it eventually! I did like it a lot, but you know, with the heat of the moment and all, I was just too angry!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-12-2011, 02:49 PM
phattestfatty phattestfatty is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yam View Post
LOL i'll probably redownload it eventually! I did like it a lot, but you know, with the heat of the moment and all, I was just too angry!
yea, I've done it before. But not with glwg.... I quit for like a week or 2 though cause on the 2nd mission, I had one day left. I was a n00b then (lol n00b) and didn't know injured people did less damage. I used my general and died. when all I had to do was click end turn.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-12-2011, 02:54 PM
injuwarrior injuwarrior is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Lol, I already told you that you had to alternate between paralyzing and shooting + running. It's easy. You'll get it next time around without any difficulty.

The only game I remember that fits this for me was The Impossible Game. That shit was a bitch. There's been a few other games that I deleted once I reached levels that were too hard to be rewarding upon finishing them though. But yeah, these are generally puzzle games I guess.
Yeah I know, I have pretty much tried everything mentioned. There was a little lag on my first gen, so that could have been the cause, but I that was literally the first time a cursed at my iphone out loud. You would think a Gameloft game would be pretty smooth on easy, but I may just be that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
use all of your best guns; rocket launcher, plasma, I don't fully remember, but I think laser gun doesn't work the best. It pounces, so when it's about to, change directions.

I never paralyzed. I used a lot of rockets. and plasma.

and yea, puzzles and platformers, that's about it. BMX can get frustrating if you're going for acievements. Probably some more I can't really think of. oh, and dinosmash. I suck balls at it.
Tried it all. Rockets, lasers, plasma. I'm probably going to get it on my first try when I get to that point again. I have wired luck like that.

I spent a lot of time trying to get gold on dirt moto racing freestyle. That one was really frustrating.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-12-2011, 03:04 PM
backtothis backtothis is offline
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magihiro View Post
Anyone who throws a $200+ device at a wall because of a game 1)has SERIOUS anger issues, and 2)does not deserve such a device, with as little a respect of property/material as they have. I'm sorry that that person's device was covered under warranty.
Or maybe money isn't an issue? Trolololol.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-12-2011, 03:16 PM
12yam 12yam is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
yea, I've done it before. But not with glwg.... I quit for like a week or 2 though cause on the 2nd mission, I had one day left. I was a n00b then (lol n00b) and didn't know injured people did less damage. I used my general and died. when all I had to do was click end turn.
:O I didnt know that either! Always knew I was a n00b at strategy games, but not to this extent! Is there some sort of help/faq page related to this game??
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent