★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Iron Sight

04-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Iron Sight

Iron Sight has potential, for sure. It even has online multiplayer!

It's only $.99 for a few days. It's the same devs that made Raging Thunder, Wave Blazer, and Armageddon Squadron. This looks like a bigger production than those, though.

Quote:
** Launch Sale - $0.99 ten days only **

Iron Sight offers a unique blend of action, strategy and simulation. The basic premise is deceivingly simple: destroy the enemy before he has a chance to destroy you! Attack with a large and varied range of weapons: homing missiles, artillery, satellite support, cluster missiles and much more. But you’d better watch your back – enemies respond to the current situation, value possible threats to select the appropriate weapon and utilize available terrain for cover. Iron Sight is sure to please any fan of Worms, iShot, Artillery or battle mech games.

Features:
- Dual campaigns and single mission game modes
- Internet and hot-seat multiplayer
- Beautiful 3D environments, high quality visuals, animation and sounds
- Wide arsenal of different weapons
- In-game tutorial and easy-to-master controls

Youtube link | Pop Up

Edit:
I'm downloading now. I'll post my thoughts in a little bit.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0

Last edited by salsamd; 04-17-2009 at 02:13 AM.
04-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Wrong forum, PS2 forum is that way ---->

This game looks amazing for an iPhone game.
Remiscent of Worms 3D
Turn based strategy/action in a 3D world. Looks damn nice imo.

I'll wait for someone to toftt, as I always do, but never say so.

04-17-2009, 12:40 AM
The graphics look amazing, and the multiplayer capability is an attraction, all at $0.99. Though I'm not sure exactly how the game will be played... each player take turns moving/attacking simply and utilizing environment for protection/evasion? Is this the 3D version of Advance Wars/Fire Emblem or something?
04-17-2009, 12:41 AM
hmm, so it is like worms. At first i thought it was some sort of robot tps.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
04-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
The graphics look amazing, and the multiplayer capability is an attraction, all at $0.99. Though I'm not sure exactly how the game will be played... each player take turns moving/attacking simply and utilizing environment for protection/evasion? Is this the 3D version of Advance Wars/Fire Emblem or something?
3d version of worms. OR like iShoot if you dont know what worms is.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
04-17-2009, 12:47 AM
The only reason I'm hesitant on this is because I didn't take well to the transition from Worms Armageddon/World Party to Worms 3D/Forts Under Seige/Mayhem. When things are in 2D, it's much easier to judge distance and power (I'm not saying the games are easy, I'm saying it's more simple in comparison), but in a 3D realm, it's much more difficult and no matter how much skill you have, any long distant shot will rely more on luck than it would in a 2D realm.
04-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Just got home and picked this up...been playing for the past half hour. It's actually better than I expected. Give me a few minutes and I'll write up some impressions.
04-17-2009, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Just got home and picked this up...been playing for the past half hour. It's actually better than I expected. Give me a few minutes and I'll write up some impressions.
Thanks Albie, winner of the toftt award.
PS. Try out the multiplayer. Are there leaderboards? Ranks? Good customization? Modes? Levels?
04-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Okay, I played for a few minutes.

So far, I'm very impressed. It's definitely like Worms, but in 3D. The 3D aspect doesn't mess you up the way you would think. It's works very nicely. You can change the view to see more of the battleground during your turn too.

The graphics are great. The frame rate is like butter so far. It could use a strafe control, but it does fine without one. You have plenty of time to set up your shot, so just turning a moving forwards and backwards works well.

From what I've seen so far (played the first level and lost), I'd say it's well worth $.99 if you like games like Worms or iShoot.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
04-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Picked it up. Looks good.

Impressions later in the day, getting late right now.

Last edited by darkhorse; 04-17-2009 at 01:12 AM.