★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

In-app Purchases: Users charged twice for same purchase?

06-13-2011, 04:26 AM
In-app Purchases: Users charged twice for same purchase?

Lately we've had reports from users being charged twice for the same (non-consumable) in-app purchase item. Today a user sent an email with duplicate items even on the same invoice.

I was under the impression that if you purchase something from the App Store (app or non-consumable IAP item), Apple keeps a record of it and you will not be charged again for the same item.

Has anybody else experienced this?
06-13-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReignDesign View Post

Lately we've had reports from users being charged twice for the same (non-consumable) in-app purchase item. Today a user sent an email with duplicate items even on the same invoice.

I was under the impression that if you purchase something from the App Store (app or non-consumable IAP item), Apple keeps a record of it and you will not be charged again for the same item.

Has anybody else experienced this?
I have had a report of this recently. My customer tried to resolve it with Apple and was told the purchase is consumable, which it is not.

I have opened my own support issue with Apple on the matter, but have not heard anything back yet.

I would definitely like to know if these are isolated instances or if it's happening frequently.

Please keep us posted if you get any more information.

Sincerely,

Christopher York
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.