★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: !!! NOTE: APP DOES CURRENTLY NOT WORK ON iOS 6 !!!

Build unique machines - from simple gearboxes to complex clockworks! Space is scarce - avoid redundant cogs in the wheel! Stack multiple gears and take the genre to a whole new level!

Groovy Gears is a simple yet challenging puzzle game. Your task is to arrange gears of different size in order to make all output shafts rotate at the correct speed. Unlike other gear-based games, Groovy Gears allows you to stack multiple gears on top of each other, opening up a plethora of new possibilities.

The game features 75 levels with increasing degree of difficulty. While the first levels will get you going quickly, a good deal of logical thought is required in the later stages. But don't worry: If you ever get stuck, you can simply skip a level.

urban_games's comments:
Hi there!

I've developed a new game and would like to announce it here. Groovy Gears is a simple yet challenging puzzle game. Given a drive shaft, your goal is to make all output shafts rotate by positioning gears of different size.

App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/groovy-gears/id440718501?mt=8&ls=1

While the description may remind you of "Geared" (by Bryan Mitchell), Groovy Gears is actually quite different. The placement of gears is intentionally limited, but more importantly, rotational speeds must be taken into account. Furthermore, gears can be stacked on top of each other, adding the proverbial depth to the game.

The game features 75 levels with increasing degree of difficulty. While the first levels will get you going quickly, a good deal of logical thought is required in the later stages.

Have fun!
06-14-2011, 09:31 AM
I gave it a try today, and so far I really like it. I've already completed levels 1 to 15 - now my head is spinning

Game Center integration would be great though!
06-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrolf View Post
I gave it a try today, and so far I really like it. I've already completed levels 1 to 15 - now my head is spinning

Game Center integration would be great though!
HI! Welcome to TA! It was great of you to register an account purely to praise this game! Hope you enjoy your time here and you venture out and post on other threads - or else - well people might get the wrong idea and all why you are posting....

Anyway, no wonder your head is spinning! Take a look at those screenshots! MY head is spinning and I didn't even play!