★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Return to the skies and visit incredible destinations in this amazing sequel to the 2009 #1 app store hit game Airport Mania!

Airport Mania 2 takes you on a journey like no other as you tackle airports from the North Pole to the Moon, and encounter a whole new set of aircraft including spaceships and military jets! Youll also see some of your old favorites in totally new ways, like being retrofitted with pontoons for water landings!

As with the first game, Airport Mania 2 was made to make you smile! Featuring a whimsical appeal that everyone who is a child at heart can enjoy, and intensely fast and challenging game play, Airport Mania 2 is your one-way ticket to fun!

- Zany out of this world locations!
- New Military Jets and Spaceships!
- New challenging 4-Star scores to achieve!
- Earn over 40 Awesome Awards!
- Journey through 9 Airports and 79 Levels!
- More levels coming soon!
- Different airplane color options for color-blind players

Julio Gorgé's comments:
Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips is already out!

Some game-play footage of the first levels, courtesy of iPhoneSoft.fr:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here's a small FAQ:

What are the new features in Airport Mania 2?

- New Military Jets and Spaceships!
- New challenging 4-Star scores to achieve!
- Earn over 40 Awesome Awards!
- Journey through 9 Airports and 79 Levels!
- Different airplane color palettes to choose from (yay for color blind players!)

What are the differences between the PC/ Mac and iPhone versions?

Both versions are similar, going through the same stages, but notably, in addition to reworking the game for the smaller iphone screen and optimizing the touch interface, the levels have been redone. Some had suggested the levels weren't intense enough previously or that there wasn't as much to do as there was in AM1. The levels have been chanjged to make them more exciting and engaging.

We're really excited to see how people like the game on the iphone. We think its the best rendition of airpot mania to date!

Will there be free updates with more content?

Yes!

What about iPad and Android

Those versions are being worked on, they probably won't be ready until late summer though.
06-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Says can't be found in USA store...

06-13-2011, 09:00 PM
It won't become available until 12 midnight I guess, already out in Europe and Asia though

www.lemonteam.com - iPhone, iPad and Android game development and porting

Developers of Ranch Rush 2 HD, Airport Mania games for iOS, Ricochet Infinity, BioLabs, Diamond Drop, Mahjong Epic, Mahjong Epic HD, Music Catch, Fashion Fix, Herod's Lost Tomb
06-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Looking forward to giving this a go. I loved AM1, it was my first tm-line drawing game I ever finished to the end

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
06-13-2011, 10:00 PM
I loved the first game, so will be buying this one straight away.
The first game had an option to turn the planes into paper airplanes after you beat the main campaign. Does this game have something similar?
Good luck with this release.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
06-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Got it through tweeting contest. Thanks. Just played tutorial, and first 2 levels. Wild trips is right! This one starts you off with 5 planes, 2 runways so a much faster pace than the original started with. Perfect!! New users will have a little learning curve, but old users will feel great jumping right in. Options for multiple users (thanks for that).

Play is just what I remembered from the first Airport Mania. Fast and furious. Looks great on 2x on the iPad.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi @eugekava, Airport Mania 2 does not have a paper planes mode unfortunately. There are way more many plane types in AM2 than in AM1, though (18 vs 9, if I'm not wrong).

I also forgot to mention that you can now choose between different color palettes for the airplanes, which should be extremely helpful for colorblind players!

www.lemonteam.com - iPhone, iPad and Android game development and porting

Developers of Ranch Rush 2 HD, Airport Mania games for iOS, Ricochet Infinity, BioLabs, Diamond Drop, Mahjong Epic, Mahjong Epic HD, Music Catch, Fashion Fix, Herod's Lost Tomb
06-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Got an early promo through the twitter contest; looks like a respectable time management game. It's pretty fast paced and becomes more difficult earlier than Diner Dash. Seems to have decent variety of planes and upgrades. My casual game experimenting wife seems to really like this one so far. Thanks again for the promo.
06-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Does anyone else think the graphics look slightly fuzzy on the iPod Touch 4th gen? I'm not sure if it's just a result of resizing the graphics or the dreaded no-retina bug has struck again. It certainly doesn't look as crisp as I was expecting.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Looks great. Have plans for an iPad version or Universal conversion been announced?

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL