★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

About app store: isn't the place after (copyright) left for developers?

06-13-2011, 08:33 PM
About app store: isn't the place after (copyright) left for developers?

Is the company after "" in app store the game developer? If it is, why is it a differen one in pocketgamer website? "
I used to thought the company title after was the game developer, but I get confused now as I find the game "Diner Dash" and "Slice it!".
Pocketgamer shows In-house is the developer of "Slice it!" while Other Ocean Interactive for "Diner dash", so I went to official website of Other Ocean Interactive and found that's it!
Why should publishers take over the place left for developers EVEN IN APP STORE?
How's that?

Last edited by banaroo; 06-13-2011 at 09:12 PM.
06-13-2011, 08:38 PM
what

06-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
do you mean a developer of the same name took the place of another?

i'm a pretty kitty cat
06-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
do you mean a developer of the same name took the place of another?
I mean, I saw from the website "pocketgamer" that the developer of "Slice it!" is "In-house", while the developer of "Diner dash" is "Other Ocean Interactive", but in app store, the company name after "" is just the name of their publishers.
Additionally, I visited the official website of "Other Ocean Interactive" and found "Diner dash" is developed by it indeed.
so the place after "" in app store is not for the developer?
06-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by banaroo View Post
I mean, I saw from the website "pocketgamer" that the developer of "Slice it!" is "In-house", while the developer of "Diner dash" is "Other Ocean Interactive", but in app store, the company name after "" is just the name of their publishers.
Additionally, I visited the official website of "Other Ocean Interactive" and found "Diner dash" is developed by it indeed.
From what I know (which isn't that much) of how copyrights work, the distributor of the game might actually own the rights for it. Or it's just the appstore automatically adding that symbol at the end of things.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
06-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Quote:
So your question can be put actually in this way "whose info should I refer to? Pocketgamer or app store?

Last edited by Eupatria; 06-13-2011 at 09:08 PM.
06-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
From what I know (which isn't that much) of how copyrights work, the distributor of the game might actually own the rights for it. Or it's just the appstore automatically adding that symbol at the end of things.
So if I were a developer, I will lose the right of my game as the publisher published it?
Is it necessarily so? As I know it's not applied to Chillingo...
06-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eupatria View Post
So your question is
"Is the company after "" in app store the game developer? If it is, why is it a differen one in pocketgamer website? " (and you have two examples, but I have no time to check)

Am I right?
You guessed it!
Sorry for my poor expression
06-13-2011, 09:27 PM
I also find this problem. Each time before I buy a game, I'll browse some reviews about this game. Once before I download Legendary Wars, I happened to find that in Pocketgamer, it says that the publisher is Appular and the developer is Greyhound Games. However, in the Appstore, it says that the publisher is Liv Games and the seller is Liv Games too. I was totally confused and get this game out of my game list. Why this kind of disaccordance just happens? Who is the real developer and publisher?
06-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Quote:
So if I were a developer, I will lose the right of my game as the publisher published it?
Is it necessarily so? As I know it's not applied to Chillingo...
I don't know much about this. Let's see if someone else knows anything. Maybe you could also ask in the developers forum? People there probably have more experience.

i'm a pretty kitty cat