★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Photics
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 146.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (4)
App description: BOT is a science-fiction adventure game. Play as TANK, a giant and sentient machine. TANK defends the remaining human population from the hostile AI.

Features:

146,800,640 pixels of exploration on Retina Displays
Four-Way Auto-Rotation support. Play in Landscape or Portrait mode.
Two control types (One-Touch or Virtual Controller)
Game Center - Can you be the top Survivor?
Music and Sound Effect to help build the mood
360 of combat!

Instructions:

Type-1 Controls Tap TANK to use his giant sword. Tap directly behind TANK to use his gun. Hold the touch to aim. Tap elsewhere on the screen to move TANK in that direction. Hold the touch to move continuously.

Type-2 Controls Touch the Gold Bar to activate the virtual controller. Touch the Gold Bar again to reactivate the original control method.

Press TANK's health bar to access the Equipment Menu. Press the Game Center icon to activate Game Center features. Save your progress at the repair shop. Collect power-ups by defeating a boss enemy or using gold to buy/upgrade equipment: Machine Gun, Fire Gun, Rocket Launcher, Laser, Night Vision, Fiery Orb and Stealth. Pick the right combination of Weapon and Defensive Item to pass certain challenges or to simply suit your mood.

Rocket Launcher and Fiery Orb!
Laser and Night Vision!
Sword and Stealth!

What's your favorite combo? You can find out by playing BOT an app with an entertaining mix of adventure, exploration and combat.
06-14-2011, 12:46 PM
145.2?

This game is fairly fat in disc space. I might have bought it if it were smaller in size (20 - 30 MB).

I'd still love to hear impressions!

06-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
This game is fairly fat in disc space. I might have bought it if it were smaller in size (20 - 30 MB).

I'd still love to hear impressions!
What does size have to do with if you will buy the game or not?

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
06-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Is this a scored survival like game or an adventure game with endless continues?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Is this a scored survival like game or an adventure game with endless continues?
It's a role-playing game, where you can collect upgrades. If you find all the five boss upgrades, then you can play in survivor mode.

Michael Garofalo - App Developer and author of The Unofficial GameSalad Textbook.
06-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photics View Post
It's a role-playing game, where you can collect upgrades. If you find all the five boss upgrades, then you can play in survivor mode.
Approxiametly, how long is the game?

Last edited by Jdragoon19; 06-14-2011 at 01:06 PM.
06-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
how long is the game?
If you know where you're going, you could get all of the upgrades in about an hour.

To get all of the gun and defensive items would take about a day.

Michael Garofalo - App Developer and author of The Unofficial GameSalad Textbook.
06-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photics View Post
If you know where you're going, you could get all of the upgrades in about an hour.

To get all of the gun and defensive items would take about a day.
Wow thats pretty long Great!

06-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
What does size have to do with if you will buy the game or not?
I have many games and very little disc space left.
06-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Based on feedback, here's some play advice...
  1. Hold the touch to shoot, don't tap. Touch directly behind TANK to shoot his gun, with the touch held, you can aim.
  2. Touching TANK directly makes him use his sword. This can be used to create combos. Lead off with the gun and then use the sword when an enemy is in close.
  3. Collect the 5 upgrades to unlock the survivor area. Those upgrades come from bosses.
  4. Quests are quick way to get a lot of gold.
  5. Maybe work together to figure out the secrets faster. Maybe post cool info here

Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
I have many games and very little disc space left.
Apple's new cloud feature might help you out.