★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Insanely addictive puzzle game suitable for all ages! From A to B lite puts your mind to the test: can you figure out the correct route to get the car From A to B, collecting all 3 stars, with only a limited number of road pieces?

*** Highlights ***

- Basic levels progress into mind-boggling puzzles
- Earn Game Center achievements
- Upload your solutions and share with friends
- Built-in tutorials guide you from novice to pro
- 18 levels of addictive, route-building fun!
- Great to play when commuting to work or school
- Optimised graphics for retina displays

*** The Challenge ***

Traverse difficult terrains, avoid crashing into oncoming trains and plan your route carefully not to run out of fuel! These are just some of the challenges you'll have getting From A to B!

*** What they're saying ***

"Having played a few games like this before I half expected to complete the first round of levels, move on and forget the app, but you just can't with this game. You really do need to think when playing this game" - Jonathan Heald, appaddict.co.uk (5/5)

"I love the fact that it relies on careful ingenuity, and not your ability to beat a clock by chucking random parts on a track, in order to truly be victorious." - Eric Pankoke, Touchmyapps.com (4/5)

"You will find yourself staring at the screen and trying to figure out a way to collect those darn stars without smashing the car into a train" George Norman, Findmysoft.com (5/5)

*** Watch a GamePlay Demo ***

www.fromatob.info

Created By: Christian Fudge
Artwork By: Sabah Mansour (www.sabdesign.co.uk)

fudgie_no1's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/from-a-to-b-lite/id441900167?mt=8

Insanely addictive puzzle game suitable for all ages! From A to B lite puts your mind to the test: can you figure out the correct route to get the car From A to B, collecting all 3 stars, with only a limited number of road pieces?

Whats the difference between From A to B and From A to B lite? From A to B currently has 90 levels, while From A to B lite only has 18. Keep in mind that all 108 levels are unique (there is no overlap between versions). The paid version also has petrol stations, bridges and ferries, which really push your mind to the limit!

*** Highlights ***

- Basic training levels progress into mind-boggling puzzles
- Challenge your friends by collecting Game Center achievements
- Upload your solutions and share with friends
- Built-in tutorials guide you from novice to pro
- 18 levels of addictive, route-building fun!
- Perfect for playing when commuting to work or school
- Optimised graphics for retina displays

*** The Challenge ***

Traverse difficult terrains, avoid crashing into oncoming trains and plan your route carefully not to run out of fuel! These are just some of the challenges you'll have getting From A to B!

*** What they're saying ***

"Having played a few games like this before I half expected to have completed the first round of levels, move on and forget the app but you just can't with this game. You really do need to think when playing this game, its all about timing, I have smashed many cars into trains trying to complete just one level which my kids love to watch but I get frustrated and HAVE to try again" - appaddict.co.uk (5/5)

Average five star rating all round from other "From A to B" players on iTunes!!

App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/from-a-to-b-lite/id441900167?mt=8
Full Version App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/from-a-to-b/id428845266?mt=8
Facebook: www.facebook.com/fromatob
Game Twitter: @fromatobgame
Personal Twitter: @christianfudge
06-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Jumping on this!

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

06-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to orea
Looks compelling. I'll download the lite version to challenge the 18 levels first.
06-14-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm stuck already, trying to get 3 stars on the fifth level :/ If the lite is any indication of how tough the full game will be, it's definitely harder than Trainyard. The gameplay is solid though, for a puzzle game you can't really fault it, it definitely requires a bit of thinking.

The only slight downside is the somewhat simple graphics. They do their job and they're certainly not bad, but they're not super flashy and attractive either, which goes a long way with the App Store crowd. I actually like the style of the UI along the bottom of the screen more than the play area, I could quite happily play the entire game in stylised black and white shapes like an old vector arcade cabinet. I'm probably alone on that though

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-14-2011, 08:50 PM
looks great! no reason not to try this lite version, download now!
06-14-2011, 09:09 PM
I would love to give it a shot as it looks very challenging.

What my life will be like if i don't play games?
06-15-2011, 01:35 AM
Thank you all for your comments! Sorry for the late reply, just woke up after five hours sleep to get ready for work :-(

MidianGTX, some great comments there mate, I really appreciate you taking the time! If I'm honest I'd say the free version is probably harder than the full version. I think I made the levels to what I'd like to see rather than create them for someone who's never played it before. It was also hard to cram so much into so few levels, the tip for level five is to time your crossroads correctly and you need to use two interlinked. Someone completed the full version in 3 days (he was addicted though!). All answers can be found on the website if you're struggling though.

Good point about the graphics, they look nice I think but they could be better if I had the budget. I didn't consider the theme you mentioned, I think it would probably look nicer too, I wouldn't want it to look like Trainyard though as people would assume it's a poor imitation of it. There's some water in the full version to spice it up a bit but nothin too fancy, I put more effort into the puzzles and gameplay.

The learning curve in the full version is better as I had more levels to play with, I fear you could be right though, the difficulty of the free one could put people off :-/

Thanks again all for looking and your great comments!
06-15-2011, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the kind words Addison, makes the sleepless nights all worth while!

Level 7 was my biggest concern in terms of difficulty (apart from the last three - T roads can be tricky at first), however someone just shared this solution http://bit.ly/k0titQ which actually completes the level with 2 spare pieces with a route I did't even think of! Amazing!
06-15-2011, 06:28 AM
Thanks to everyone who's downloaded the game, a whoping 565 downloads in one day! That's more than the full version already which has been out 2 months! Unbelievable! Thanks for all the great ratings and feedback too! The app is slowly creeping up the charts, I'd love nothing more than to get Te free version at #1 in at least one country! Thank you so much to everyone who's downloaded it and had a go, really appreciate it!
06-15-2011, 11:11 AM
This is really a great game... nice work! It looks nice upscaled on my iPad. I'm really considering purchasing the full version, but before I do... any plans on an HD/Universal version? If not, I'll be picking up the iPhone version. I just don't have an iPhone, and dislike double dipping.