★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: this would be awesome! (Galaxy on Fire)

11-05-2008, 07:38 PM
this would be awesome! (Galaxy on Fire)

I ran across FishLabs' site after seeing powerboat challenge on the iPhone recently. Al their games look top notch but this one really stood out. Its a huge open-world Space Sim complete with everything you'd want in a space game. Reviews are outstanding and there's supposed to be a good 20 hours of gameplay. Here's hoping they port this over like they did with Powerboat Challenge. Seems like they have a Galaxy on Fire 2 in the works, maybe its in the works for iPhone as well.

check it out
11-08-2008, 12:27 AM
I can't believe I'm the first to respond to this. I registered just to do so. I would quite happily pay at least 10 bucks for this. I'd love something like this or an EV Nova type game.

Let's hope they do port it, or its sequel.

Last edited by mortuus; 11-08-2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: darn spellcheck it's its not it's

11-10-2008, 03:41 PM
seriously, I thought people would be all over this.

Not that I quantify my self-worth by the number of people that reply to my threads, but I'm completely shit happy about the prospect of playing this game, I kind of thought everyone else would be too.

Maybe it seemed like I was advertising my own game, I know how frowned upon that has become.

I didn't make this game, I sure wish I did though, it looks completely awesome.
11-10-2008, 04:07 PM
I would buy it.
11-10-2008, 04:11 PM
with the huge market the iphone games are, they will hopefully have all their top notxh games out soon
11-10-2008, 04:11 PM
that game looks pretty snappy, thanks for bringing it to attention!
11-10-2008, 04:33 PM
I played this on my old mobile. It was the best game I had by far. I only had one issue with it, you can't just fly about. You can only fly while on a mission which restricts you to moving between space stations by teleport / warp drive. I would like it if they added the ability to just fly about and explore the galaxy.
11-10-2008, 04:51 PM
there is supposedly a Galaxy on Fire2 in the works, perhaps its adding some of these improvements and coming tot he iPhone as well.
11-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Looks the dogs! 'Nuff said.
11-10-2008, 06:23 PM
I've looked at their site a bit more and these guys look like rock stars in the mobile gaming space. Gladiator (fighting game) and Blades and Magic (RPG) look spectacular as well.

Galaxy on fire vid:

Blades And Magic vid:

Gladiator Vid:

and this

is an interview with Michael Shade from fishlabs. While there's no specific mention of either of the above on the iPhone you can tell he's down with developing for it. He also talks about the distribution model for mobile games and how developers can generate revenue. Pretty interesting.

Fingers crossed that we hear some news shortly of some of their other games heading to the iPhone.

The dog's b*llocks indeed.