★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Clickgamer.com
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 32.3 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Peter Packer Packed a Package
Fling the packages into the corresponding chutes as they travel along the production line in this deceptively challenging puzzle game. Toss two or more boxes in a single throw to score big combos and rack up high scores.

Peter Packer Highlights
Exciting, addicting and incredibly fun gameplay.
Three unique modes to play; Classic, Quests and Time Trial; each mode offers up something totally different.
Controls that couldnt be simpler; its a blast for all ages.
Mix up the boxes and grab more than one to score big combo points.
Put your fingers and quick thinking to the test as things speed up!

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=97423
06-15-2011, 07:55 AM
This actually looks pretty good...does anyone know how it plays?

Username on every gaming network I'm on: kaboom132. I have tested 21 games. Will test your game if you wish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
I think I was high when I typed that. My apologies.
06-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom132 View Post
This actually looks pretty good...does anyone know how it plays?
There is a video in the OP in case you missed it. Gives a pretty good idea of how it plays.
06-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
does anyone know how it plays?
The video does show the game, but you flick packages -- either one at a time or together (with multi-touch) -- into the proper chutes, going for bonuses. Over time, the conveyor belts speed up, more packages hit the lines, and things get pretty frantic. There is a normal puzzle mode, but also challenge-like quests.

I played it while watching The Daily Show and Colbert Report last night.

levi
06-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Trailer looks really cool, i love what you have done with the 3D cel shaded graphics.
06-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Game Impressions

I thought I'd give this a go since I like sorting things (see: Match Panic).

Peter Packer has the potential to be a fun game, but it's let down by the control system. To score big points, you need to swipe two boxes at once -- either matching boxes into the same sorter, or different boxes into different sorters -- but I could find no way on an iPhone to do that comfortably. Using one hand twisted my fingers in weird ways that caused many swipes not to register. Using two hands, either two thumbs or two fingers, didn't give enough control to aim properly whilst still holding the phone.

Either this was tested by men with giant hands, or... no, I guess there's no other explaination. Giant hands it is!

I imagine this might play better on the iPad, where you could rest it on your lap or a table and use two hands to play, but I can't really recommend the iPhone version to anybody with regular-sized appendages.

Cheers.