App description: Cell Bound is a simple and addictive puzzle matching game.

4.5/5 App Spy. "...if you're after something outside the usual three-match this might be for you"

4.5/5 Gamezebo. "Cell Bound is simple, fun and full of charm. You need this game"

4.5/5 Nine Over Ten. "...and excellent and challenging game...Cell Bound is a definite standout to be picked"

Link up 5 or more of the same color to cause the cell-like structures to burst and vanish before they can contaminate the whole play area. Burst more chains at a faster rate to score more points.

Cell Bound has three different game modes to play, plus Game Center support:

Infinite Mode: The main mode, colored cells drop towards the center and explode when 5 like colors are connected. All of the cells can be burst using the smart bomb trigger in the center of the dish. More smart bombs can be accrued by racking up points.
Timer Mode: Gain as many points as possible in 1:30 minutes. There are no smart bombs, and for every 1,200 points, one more second is added to the timer.
Burst Mode: Cells that connect and are not the same color turn black and inert, obstructing the new cells.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

06-16-2011, 07:57 PM
The Blackhole

This is a clone of "The Blackhole," with some minor differences. It's a match-5 instead of a match-3, and the orbs are less sticky when they land (they slide across each other towards the middle). The game also seems to lack the particle-collision physics that "The Blackhole" has, which means there's no loose, orbiting, colliding, or dynamic orbs; they all just go straight into the middle. It has more game modes than "The Blackhole," but the basic gameplay is almost an exact clone.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-blackhole/id363397203?mt=8

06-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherJude View Post
This is a clone of "The Blackhole," with some minor differences. It's a match-5 instead of a match-3, and the orbs are less sticky when they land (they slide across each other towards the middle). The game also seems to lack the particle-collision physics that "The Blackhole" has, which means there's no loose, orbiting, colliding, or dynamic orbs; they all just go straight into the middle. It has more game modes than "The Blackhole," but the basic gameplay is almost an exact clone.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-blackhole/id363397203?mt=8
Nope, it's a clone of an already done gameplay mechanic. There are games that have been around for quite some time that used the same kind of gameplay, so your game isn't exactly original either, so this game is not a clone of yours. Plus, this one looks better. Sorry to say but yours looks kinda ugly. I think you were just using this opportunity to try to promote your own game, which is quite shady if you ask me. Can you please do some research before you accuse a developer of cloning your game?

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
06-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legowiz View Post
I think you were just using this opportunity to try to promote your own game, which is quite shady if you ask me. Can you please do some research before you accuse a developer of cloning your game?
Have you played both games, and compared gameplay? Or are you simply saying that all matching games are the same, and basing your opinion on screenshots?
06-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherJude View Post
Have you played both games, and compared gameplay? Or are you simply saying that all matching games are the same, and basing your opinion on screenshots?
Uh, I found a video of Cell Bound on youtube and I've played at least a few games previously by much bigger developers than you that have almost exactly the same type of gameplay. They were usually minigames included with other games, but they were games nonetheless. You aren't going to convince anyone that your game is original. I'm thinking of a game right now that I played probably close to 10 years ago that has almost the exact same gameplay.

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
06-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Game Impressions

I've played both and while they use similar mechanics, they're both cool and original in their own rights (and if you want to get technical there were a couple of AppStore games using this same "spin the platform, not the pieces coming from all sides" before Blackhole).

Some of the original twists to this game are based on the mode you choose:

Burst: Connect chains of 5 or more same colored cells to create scorable clusters...but you don't score anything until you hit the center button. So do you setup for some mega cluster (for HUGE points) or just score chains as quick as possible? Also unique here is how isolated cells not touching others of their own color die off and become useless blocker cells.

Infinite: In this mode there is no fear of isolated cells dying and cells simply clear themselves if in same colored groups of 5 or more. I also encountered a number of cool power-ups in this mode (they might be in all modes, not sure) that trigger special modes (like all points being doubled for the next few seconds) if you clear the group containg the special power-up. Also unique in this mode are Smart Bombs which, when triggered by pressing the center button, will clear out all cells.

Timer: I haven't played this mode yet but it sounds a bit like Infinite with the twist of limited time and only by constant scoring can you put time back on the clock.

5/5!

(I also really liked Blackhole which I think I also rated 4 or 5)

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-20-2011, 12:17 AM
awesome game!

the review of appspy helped decide to get it

http://youtu.be/jE9CfZVr6pw

GC: INFINITE_GLIDER
06-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Game Impressions

I also want to put out a big thanks for NOT going the consumable IAP route with this one! I'd be more than happy to pay cash via an IAP for to unlock a new mode or batch of power-ups, but WILL NOT participate in anything where I need to buy limited uses of something.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews