★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Venice Mystery FREE Update with NEW levels!

06-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Venice Mystery FREE Update with NEW levels!

Hi all,

just wanted to let you know that the new Venice Mystery iPad update v1.2.0 has been sent to Apple and is currently in review. Updates soon!

Take a look at what's new in this update:
50 new FREE and FRESH levels for you to play with hours of extra fun.
Unlock the secret Hidden Palazzo level pack.
Full Game Center support.
Compete with your friends on different leaderboards.
42 exiting achievements to unlock.
New Expert difficulty in Classic and Hidden Palazzo level pack.
Get more points when playing in higher difficulty for combos and tiles.
Fixing a bug with the difficulty settings.
Various other bug fixes and improvements.
New app icon

Enjoy the free update! As always I would be happy to read your reviews!

Keep an eye at http://facebook.com/venicemystery for latest details and the secret Hidden Palazzo Level Pack! Can you unlock the mystery and get access to the extra levels? Good Luck!

Thanks a lot for your support!
Andreas from Gamgo

Venice Mystery on iTunes
http://itunes.apple.com/app/venice-mystery/id387591881?mt=8
06-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Thank you for the new levels. This is one of my top favorite games both for the iPad and the Mac. I'll be looking for the update.

06-16-2011, 12:41 AM
This is a great app!
06-16-2011, 05:12 AM
Thanks tangerine and Subsoap
App still in review - updates hopefully soon.
06-21-2011, 03:39 PM
06-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamgo View Post
Venice Mystery Update (v1.2.0) now available on the AppStore.
http://itunes.apple.com/app/venice-mystery/id387591881?mt=8

Any progress on the plan to make a mode that skips the side puzzles and story stuff? While I love the whole mystery theme and all, I really think having to trudge through all of that on replays would get tedious when I really just want to play through the main game until I run out of moves or out of time or something (more like your standard highscore kind of thing through multiple levels).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Yep - I know thats a great idea - however the change to do this is not easy to implement (yet) - due to a problem in the level and player database in the game. We have to find a good way to migrate the existing player data. I really like the idea to play each level again or select only one to get a better highscore - as well as replaying a level as often as you want and see all this on a nice menu or map - but we have to see how we get this done in the next update - I'm sorry - it's not yet implemented.

I think it would be a good idea to choose a third game mode - where you can select what level you want to play. Maybe a sort of Single Level Mode or something - this is the only approach I can think of at the moment. We also need to save every score for each level you played - we don't do that at the moment - we only have a single score for your player profile.

Thanks for your comments!
06-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamgo View Post
Yep - I know thats a great idea - however the change to do this is not easy to implement (yet) - due to a problem in the level and player database in the game. We have to find a good way to migrate the existing player data. I really like the idea to play each level again or select only one to get a better highscore - as well as replaying a level as often as you want and see all this on a nice menu or map - but we have to see how we get this done in the next update - I'm sorry - it's not yet implemented.

I think it would be a good idea to choose a third game mode - where you can select what level you want to play. Maybe a sort of Single Level Mode or something - this is the only approach I can think of at the moment. We also need to save every score for each level you played - we don't do that at the moment - we only have a single score for your player profile.

Thanks for your comments!
While I would love to have my best score for each level recorded, even if just locally, the Hidden Palazzo is pretty much EXACTLY what I was looking for! The main puzzle game without any mini-games!! Thanks!!

A small comment here, though. Having just seen the initial instructions for the game I noticed that the part talking about "multiple taps" is pretty misleading. While I understand you want to keep the image small, it looks like you're telling the player to tap multiple matching tiles in their hand/rack which is impossible. Instead do you think you could have created an image where a tile from the rack is selected (and highlighted in the image) and three matching tiles in some small figure of maybe 6 tiles?

My iTunes Reviews
06-23-2011, 07:37 PM
A question and suggestion:

1) What is the point of the tile swap power-up? Unless I'm missing something obvious this exchange can only be between two free tiles. If the two tiles are already free what is the advantage of swapping their locations? If it allowed me to swap a tile on my rack from a free tile on the board I think this power-up would be FAR more useful. Was it supposed to allow you to chhose partially obscured tiles? If so I can't figure out how.

2) I have a suggestion to cut potential abuse. As it stands one need never lose a life in this game if they simply restart the level before they run out of time. While I concede on any level the game might allow one restart without penalty, why not have the second and further restarts on the same level cost a life?

My iTunes Reviews
06-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks a lot for your comments LordGek, will have to think about this. Especialy on the Restart Game thingy. The swap extra is useful when need to clear some tiles at a special position on the playfield to get a key. Well, I bet it is not the favorite extra for most players but we also can't change it now - so many players know how it works and we better not change it.