★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Super UFO Lander [FREE] [v2.0]

06-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Super UFO Lander [FREE] [v2.0]

Hello there, I am the developer of Super UFO Lander which recently went live on the App Store.

Super UFO Lander (or SUFOL) is a simple and fun game where your main aim is to help Quinzy collect fuel bubbles so he can repair his engines and fly home.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/super-ufo-lander/id440191465?mt=8

The game is free so please give it a try.

Last edited by Chobie Chobes; 06-15-2011 at 03:26 PM.
06-15-2011, 03:40 PM
I could live without the Zzing sound when you hit the grond, but Sweet little game if you are into the whole thrust-genre. GJ!

06-16-2011, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegames View Post
I could live without the Zzing sound when you hit the grond, but Sweet little game if you are into the whole thrust-genre. GJ!
Thanks for you feedback! I can't explain how good it is to get feedback on a project that has sucked up so much of my time. I'll try to incorporate it into the next update where possible.
06-16-2011, 04:00 AM
Not bad at all but I think the controls are needlessly complicated. There are many, many thrust games out there and most of them use the basic "tap anywhere to thrust, tilt to move left/right" controls. I think that would be a lot more intuitive for a game like this.
06-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Not bad at all but I think the controls are needlessly complicated. There are many, many thrust games out there and most of them use the basic "tap anywhere to thrust, tilt to move left/right" controls. I think that would be a lot more intuitive for a game like this.
Thanks for the feedback and more importantly thanks for trying the game. I think I will knock together a prototype for the controls you suggested and see how they work on the game. If it is successful I'll release it as alternative controls in the next update!
06-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Hey,

Good fun and for an indie game it's really polished! The achievements and gold stars make it replayable too, which is cool.

Just a couple of points:

I think a swipe between the level screens would be nicer and more intuitive than the little buttons to either side.

It's not immediately obvious when you've reached the end of the free levels - perhaps put a splash screen up at this point rather than just not letting the player move onto the next level? I got there in the end but you might as well make it as obvious as possible!

Looking forward to seeing more levels. Any idea when they'll be added?

Cheers,
Tom.
06-18-2011, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeePo View Post
Hey,

Good fun and for an indie game it's really polished! The achievements and gold stars make it replayable too, which is cool.

Just a couple of points:

I think a swipe between the level screens would be nicer and more intuitive than the little buttons to either side.

It's not immediately obvious when you've reached the end of the free levels - perhaps put a splash screen up at this point rather than just not letting the player move onto the next level? I got there in the end but you might as well make it as obvious as possible!

Looking forward to seeing more levels. Any idea when they'll be added?

Cheers,
Tom.
Thanks for your feedback TeePo.

I have just submitted an update for Super UFO Lander 1.1 which addresses the second issue you mentioned and a few other minor tweaks behind the scenes to get it ready for the next major update.

There will be many many more levels for those that have purchased the game! I just finished doing level 5 of 12 for world 3, this hopefully means that the 2.0 update should be ready for app store approval next week!

Also has anyone else had problems with understanding what the menu options are? I have got feedback from a person saying they are hard to understand and was just wondering if anyone else felt the same?

Thanks for your time!
CC
06-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Why call it Super UFO? It's so tiny in the screenshot. Anyway I've downloaded the free game. Hope it to be gorgeous.
06-19-2011, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supper001 View Post
Why call it Super UFO? It's so tiny in the screenshot. Anyway I've downloaded the free game. Hope it to be gorgeous.
That is a good point, he is so tiny and lost in a giant cave But remember he was super before he broke his hyper dimension anti-matter engines.

Anyhow I hope you enjoy it, please let me know what you think.
06-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Hey,

Thanks for responding Chobie. It's good to know the game is being updated regularly and more levels are always welcome - especially now I've purchased the full version!

Cheers,
Tom.