★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Chronicles of Inotia Lite

04-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Chronicles of Inotia Lite

Name:  Picture 10.png
Views: 114
Size:  23.5 KB

Com2us has released a lite version of their RPG Chronicles of Inotia.

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=311757533&mt=8
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 3.png
Views:	0
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	2959 Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 4.png
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	2960

Name:	Picture 7.png
Size:	310.9 KB
ID:	2961 Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 8.png
Views:	1
Size:	316.0 KB
ID:	2962

Name:	Picture 9.png
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	2963

Last edited by theone1007; 04-17-2009 at 01:41 PM.
04-17-2009, 01:40 PM
I could swear there was already a thread about this, but I did a search and nothing came up.

Anyhow, it's worth trying out. It's an interesting game at first, but by the end it really feels like it goes nowhere.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0

04-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
I could swear there was already a thread about this, but I did a search and nothing came up.

Anyhow, it's worth trying out. It's an interesting game at first, but by the end it really feels like it goes nowhere.
Sorry if there was a thread like this, my search came up with nothing also.
04-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks, Just downloaded, I have wanted to give this game a try but 8 bucks was a bit steep, now I can try it and if I like it pay 5 bucks for the game. (Its on sale right now)
04-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I've been hearing reports of some users mentioning the lite version of the game crashes.

Just to let you know, the full version does not. I've owned it since release and it runs fine. It may be just the lite version perhaps?

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
04-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
I've been hearing reports of some users mentioning the lite version of the game crashes.

Just to let you know, the full version does not. I've owned it since release and it runs fine. It may be just the lite version perhaps?
Yeah I played the demo yesterday and the game froze twice in three minutes. The music still runs while the screen is frozen though, kind of weird. Thank god the iPhone doesn't freeze, I just had to press Home to exit the program.
This forum has almost universal negative review towards this game xD
I was going to buy it because the graphics looks the best of all the RPGs for iPhone right now. Not sure if the $4.99 price will last until Zenonia comes out. I want to compare these two.
04-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Yeah I played the demo yesterday and the game froze twice in three minutes. The music still runs while the screen is frozen though, kind of weird. Thank god the iPhone doesn't freeze, I just had to press Home to exit the program.
This forum has almost universal negative review towards this game xD
I was going to buy it because the graphics looks the best of all the RPGs for iPhone right now. Not sure if the $4.99 price will last until Zenonia comes out. I want to compare these two.
It's only good if you don't mind the grind. I personally loved it and played it till the end, which took me at least 30 hours. The maps are randomized (although there isn't typically much to them) and you basically go from one area to the next, but before you can proceed, you have to level up and make sure you're powerful enough. Heavy grind elements but it's well balanced and fun if you like that sort of thing.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
04-17-2009, 02:11 PM
I downloaded the game and found it entertaining, not sure if i would pay $5. The one complaint I have is that it's really hard to level up.
04-17-2009, 03:16 PM
I downloaded the Lite version last night, played it, died within moments by a little blob, decided that game was too hard (and I suck at it ), then deleted it. Shame really because I love RPG's
04-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D! View Post
I downloaded the Lite version last night, played it, died within moments by a little blob, decided that game was too hard (and I suck at it ), then deleted it. Shame really because I love RPG's
All good RPG's (especially the grind heavy kind) are gonna be hard

I'll have to try the lite version, I've been eyeing this one for awhile.