★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: International Snooker [Sale] ($4.99 -> $0.99)

04-17-2009, 01:58 PM
International Snooker [Sale] ($4.99 -> $0.99)

International Snooker has dropped from $4.99 to $0.99.

[AppShopper] [AppStore]

To mark the start of the World Snooker Championship at the Crucible in Sheffield...
For a limited period International Snooker will be a bargain 59p / 99c / 0.79 Eu.
As a double whammy Retro Cave Flyer is now also on sale at 59p / 99c / 0.79 Eu.

*** Winner of the MobileGameFAQs.com GOLD AWARD!!! Scoring an amazing 95% for Graphics, and 93% for Playability.

Compete with the world's best Snooker players for the International Snooker Gold Cup.

Compelling gameplay and rich 3d visuals make this the best cue based game on the app store.

√ Single and two player quick games
√ Tournament mode with 8 rounds against the world's best, competing for a place on the podium and the coveted IS Gold Cup.
√ Super smooth and intuitive camera and cue control.
√ Accurate power control, not 'swipe and hope'.
√ Realistic ball physics including top, back and side spin.
√ Play your own music or listen to the high quality sound fx and theme tune.
√ Ball path guide lines including object and cue ball paths enhance gameplay over it's rivals. Guides shorten according to difficulty setting.
√ Difficulty settings that truly make a difference.
√ Stats page holds wins, losses, cup wins and highest breaks.
√ Made for iPhone & iPod Touch (/not/ a port).
√ Full Rules and Instructions.
√ Game autosaves after each ball is potted - never lose your game to an interruption!

********* IMPORTANT! ******************
FINE TUNE SHOTS: When lining up shots, stroke across the top of the screen for faster movement, and across the bottom of the screen for fine movement!
Higher Strokes = Faster Movement
Lower Strokes = Slower Movement

SOUND: There is sound and music in this application, by default it is off to allow you to play your own music.
You can turn the sound on by tapping the icon in the bottom right hand corner of the menu screen.

Save Games: This application saves after every shot played. In tournament mode you have the opportunity to play a match again if you lose up until the Qtr finals where you must play and win straight through to the final.

You can see videos of all our games here:

(Check out our other title, Retro Cave Flyer (99 cents / 59p) using the BHG iTunes Store links in the bottom right corner!)

For feedback and support, email support@bigheadgames.co.uk - we love to hear what you have to say, and we do listen to all feedback.

Enjoy the game

Youtube link | Pop Up

I've been watching this one from release. I've always been a huge fan of Billiards, but never got around to trying the the British variation. With this being the games first sale, due to the World Snooker Championship starting, now is the time I'll be jumping to grab this one. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 04-17-2009 at 02:00 PM.
04-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Just saw this at a sale price. Bought and downloading now. Looking forward to some gaming this weekend.

04-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Just brought it and played a quick game, im very impressed is a fantastic game for 59p
04-17-2009, 03:10 PM

So excited about this. Been wanting to try it for ages, but being the skinflint I am had put it off (seeing as I already have Virtual Pool and Killer Pool). But this is snooker! I grew up watching it on TV! So I just bought this and played for just a little while and I am already VERY impressed with its polish and playability.
04-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Excellent, bought this after watching the video.

Reminds me a lot of the original Codemasters Snooker game on Playstation.
04-17-2009, 04:26 PM
so hey all... is it (at the moment) the best snooker in app store?
04-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by pante View Post
so hey all... is it (at the moment) the best snooker in app store?
Yes. Actually it is the only real Snooker app in the store.
10-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Down to $0.99 today, down from $4.99. Great deal.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Anyone care to offer a comparison as I've just bought Ronnie'O'Sullivans Snooker while on sale and loving that one playing internet play. Thanks.
10-19-2009, 04:26 PM
It's on sale now.
I will get it.