★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How can I beta test?

06-16-2011, 06:50 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
How can I beta test?

I know like how you can beta test games, but where can I contact the devs or do they have some kinda contest for beta testers? I see lots of people here with plenty of beta tested games, and I would like to beta test some games too. Currently hoping that Draw Slasher will let me beta test, as it would be my first beta test.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
06-16-2011, 07:01 AM
Here are the instructions.

-Go to the Upcoming games thread
-If a developer is asking for testers send him the details he needs. (To find you USID you can download a few free apps that tell you)
-The developer will either 1) Send you the games file if your accepted or 2) Send you a Testflight sign in.

I will go into the two ways now:

Testflight
This s basically a app that allows you to test games without the need to drag files and all that. All you do is need to register your device. This takes 5 minutes and the site will go through the instructions. From there you get contacted when a new version of a app that needs testing that you have been accepted for is out.

Downloading the Files
This is the longest way, You will be emailed the files from the developer. From here you will be required to drag one file into the side bar on itunes and a second one into your games. These files should be clear to you when you see them.

Then just plug your device in and after its done its stuff your good to go.

If you want to test games i recommend testflight as it is the quickest and easiest way.

If you need help with this sort of thing Youtube has some helpful videos.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

06-16-2011, 07:04 AM
Thanks Triggy So I will just chekc out upcoming ipod touch games section

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
06-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Can I ask for beta testing? Or do I have to wait to see if they need some?

06-16-2011, 07:09 AM
1.Request for beta test from developer.Send email with your idevice UDID.
2.Receive email with details for closed beta test
3.Receive build files from developer
4.Drag and put in apps on itunes.Sync
5.Play

Editor at TouchArchive - Follow us:Twitter Facebook
Games List Tested Join our staff just PM me.
If you want to see your game on our blog,just send us a request.
06-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Can I ask for beta testing? Or do I have to wait to see if they need some?
Please do not bug devs with beta test requests. they'll post it in the thread if/when they need testers.
06-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Oh man. Already asked. I better not ask again... sorry I didn't know.

Last edited by LOLavi; 06-16-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: typo :P
06-16-2011, 10:00 AM
btw, before applying for the "big stuff" where they ask you your previous experience (ie. gamevil, com2us, etc. some pay) make sure you test some games where they accept all applicants. Try to have at least 3-4 or you'll get rejected. I learned the hard way.

there's the beta tester alliance you can enter after you tested... 3?

im back guys!
06-16-2011, 10:06 AM
You should talk to crex

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, M.U.S.E, The Shadow Sun, Galaxy On Fire 3, Daredevil Dave 2, JumpKnight: Missions, Topia: Age of Creation, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Max Payne, 2013: Infected Wars, Battlefield 3: Aftershock.
06-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
btw, before applying for the "big stuff" where they ask you your previous experience (ie. gamevil, com2us, etc. some pay) make sure you test some games where they accept all applicants. Try to have at least 3-4 or you'll get rejected. I learned the hard way.

there's the beta tester alliance you can enter after you tested... 3?
Yeah after you have beta tested three games, you are allowed into The Beta Tester Alliance" where people in that group give their thoughts about beta testing, if/when they got paid, what games they got accepted to beta test to, etc. Good luck LOLavi!

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19