★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Twirdie is unlike anything you've ever played before.

Awesome, but what is it? Twirdie is Twitter plus golf.

But, how you ask?

Type in a word and how ever many times that word was tweeted in the past 60 seconds is how far your ball travels.

Sweet, right?!

You can already guess how much fun it is. You have to use larger words at first like "Obama" and "Bieber" to get to the green, but once you do, you'll have to use smaller words like "ninjas" and "pirates" to sink it!

Of course, we all know, pirates are way better than ninjas, lol.

It's way more than just a way cool concept too. We're currently building 1 on 1 online play with Game Center, so you can test your skills against the rest of the world.

The features don't end there either:

Full (optional) Twitter integration, so you can immediately brag to the universe about your most recent win!
Tons of Game Center achievements, including word riddle achievements. Can you guess them all?
1 vs 1 Pass n' Play, for those moments when you just have to crush your opponents in person.
Challenge mode, where you can put your skills to the ultimate test and try to get your personal best on the Twirdie leaderboads.

FYI, for all you "never used Twitter, don't know what it is, don't very much care for it" people, you absolutely don't need a Twitter account to play, Twirdie does all the work for you :D

Just be sure you know how to spell and know a little bit about the world around you.

Recently presented at the GDC Experimental Gameplay Workshop, Twirdie is the brain child of Kurt Bieg, creator of Circadia, and Eyebeam fellow Ramsey Nasser.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

06-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Oh wow, this seems like a really cool idea. I can see this doing well on the charts. Great job to the devs for taking innovative to a new level and doing something the really goes with the trends. Video is relly low quality though.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo

06-16-2011, 08:37 AM
This seems like a clever idea might be worth a look
Edit they have a clever idea about giving away promo codes they released a code as part of the description on the app store which I've just managed to pick up

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 06-16-2011 at 08:44 AM.
06-16-2011, 08:53 AM
IT'S POWERED BY MAGIC!!! I'm sold.

HTML Code:
<name> Noah <!-- hello.wordpress.com -->
<member since> Sept. 2008 <!-- that's 8+ years -->
<title> Senior Applications Developer <!-- CricketWireless.com -->
06-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Hi!

New here

I'm one of the guys who worked on Twirdie! Just saw this post through Google. Super excited you got the promo, we are posting 8 promo codes including yours so hopefully some people will be able to try it out! I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks!

k
06-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkurtman View Post
Hi!

New here

I'm one of the guys who worked on Twirdie! Just saw this post through Google. Super excited you got the promo, we are posting 8 promo codes including yours so hopefully some people will be able to try it out! I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks!

k
I would like to give it a try- what are the steps to get a promo code?
06-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Do you have to have a twitter account to play?
06-16-2011, 09:29 AM
That's a pretty cool idea! Would've never thought of something like that. I'm surprised bieber didn't get a hole in one

I review apps on my YouTube channel! If you would like me to review your app then message me! CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF GAMES I'VE BETA TESTED
06-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
Do you have to have a twitter account to play?
Nope, not at all! You don't need a twitter account to play, unless you want to post your scores onto twitter

In fact, I didn't have a personal twitter account up until a month or two ago, lol.

Thanks for the question though, I'll be sure to include that in the description. That can be confusing.

k
06-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthmtlgod View Post
I would like to give it a try- what are the steps to get a promo code?
If they are still active (I have now way of telling) just go to the iTunes page:

http://bit.ly/Twirdie

k