★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Difference between Inapp and lite to paid?

06-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Difference between Inapp and lite to paid?

What is the difference between inapp purchase and lite to paid?
Does Lodsys try to claim money with lite to paid?
06-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
From my perspective as a buyer, I'd really prefer lite/full over IAP, just because I don't want to lose my app's complete function if the developer ever pulls their listing from the appstore.

i'm a pretty kitty cat

06-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
From my perspective as a buyer, I'd really prefer lite/full over IAP, just because I don't want to lose my app's complete function if the developer ever pulls their listing from the appstore.
UM
Yes but

what is the difference exactly?
They look the same purpose IE spend money to gain something.
06-16-2011, 05:24 PM
don't care about lodsys, if it does, this company require few percent 0,575%...

a lite + a full version = two different softwares in the two categories, Paid and FREE

a lite with inapp purchase for full version = only one software. Only in the category FREE

Developer Service: Need a Professional 720p Trailer ? : Vetasoft Animation Studio
06-16-2011, 08:55 PM
I think inapp purchase means you can buy virtual currency in an app
lite to paid maybe means you need to pay for the full version
06-16-2011, 09:01 PM
In app upgrades from lite to paid are done using the in app purchase system, so there is no technical difference between the two.
06-17-2011, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen View Post
In app upgrades from lite to paid are done using the in app purchase system, so there is no technical difference between the two.
So it looks like Lodsys can knock at the door for any of these things if your game becomes a big seller.
I thought I had got around the Lodsys legal thorn in the side with lite to paid.
06-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandpurple View Post
So it looks like Lodsys can knock at the door for any of these things if your game becomes a big seller.
I thought I had got around the Lodsys legal thorn in the side with lite to paid.
So just doing a paid game with no lite will avoid any Lodsys type people to rake the cream?

Last edited by pinkandpurple; 06-17-2011 at 01:48 PM.
06-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandpurple View Post
So just doing a paid game with no lite will avoid any Lodsys type people to rake the cream?
I really dont think you have anything to worry about with the Lodsys thing. Apple has already intervened, and well...they have a gigantic amount of money and lawyers. It's very unlikely Lodsys would actually win.

http://modmyi.com/content/4611-apple...st-lodsys.html

i'm a pretty kitty cat
06-18-2011, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
I really dont think you have anything to worry about with the Lodsys thing. Apple has already intervened, and well...they have a gigantic amount of money and lawyers. It's very unlikely Lodsys would actually win.

http://modmyi.com/content/4611-apple...st-lodsys.html
IF Lodsys have a legitimate Um patent they will.
Microsoft make more money from a mobile patent than their original Windows business. 150 million dollars a year or something.

So I think it is easier to make a lite to paid version.