★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Very attractive and addictive role playing game.
Simple to play with beautiful interface.
Hours of fun for your boring moments!!!

Game characteristics:
Choose your race and class
Fight agains variety of monsters in different scenarios
Dozens of weapons, armors, magic elements and potions
Store to buy weapons, spells, armors and potions.
11 stages with fantastic art
2 game modes: Quest and Battle
In-app purchases
Progress though the game and share your achievements through Twitter, Facebook and Game Center
Languages: English and Spanish
Ready for Retina Display

"When you arrive where your teacher, you find all in shambles. The dark ruler of the kingdom of Odrazil has made a precise and effective attackNot only has he completely destroyed the master's academy, but he has left badly wounded virtually all students and has kidnapped his young daughter.Your master's wife is seriously wounded which prevents him from going to save her. Only you can rescue her."
06-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Looks promising... but trying to resist uneducated impulse buys. I can't seem to find a developer webpage with more details.

06-16-2011, 12:56 PM
I've found the official website, but additional screenshots or a video would be nice to show how the game is played.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
06-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah, artwork looks pretty nice, but can't tell what gameplay is like. It could be as simple swapping simple attacks between you and the monster, or there could be some more dice rolling and basic strategy involved. And is it more like interactive fiction or more like a JRPG?

Text could definitely use some English localization too.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
06-16-2011, 09:41 PM
What the hell. Downloading... will post impressions.
06-16-2011, 10:09 PM
This seems like a casual turn based combat "RPG". You select one of four classes (warrior/mage/rogue/monk) then face monster after monster in turn based combat. The game allows no exploration or movement just literally battle after battle. There's a 4 button command button arrangement in the bottom left (fight/magic/item/run) during combat. After each battle you get experience and perhaps an item. Once experience accumulates you level up. Leveling up consists of selecting a skill category (warrior/mage/rogue /monk) but it's not yet clear to me how the character is bolstered. Each level up you're invited to Facebook or Twitter your level (which speak to the target audience imo; but I may be the last person on here without a facebook).

So far in the first "quest" it just consists of battles between only 2 enemy types alternating between rat and giant spider. The combat is streamlined and efficient but gets monotonous given lack of enemy variety.

In the "battle" mode you can select an enemy to fight from a list of prior foes and battle 1 fight versus that target.

Legends of Alehkam faithfully replicates the classic turn based RPG arrangement in a pick up and play dynamic but due to lack of variety I don't recommend it at this point. If you're into casual play turn based RPG then get Pixel Fighters instead. I'll update if my impression changes with more play time.
06-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the info - doesn't sound appealing enough to me.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
06-16-2011, 10:34 PM
What the reviewer said plus the fact you miss your hits what seems over 50% of the time. Tad annoying!
06-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the impressions. I was hoping that it was going to be one of those old-school dungeon crawlers, but I guess not. =/
06-17-2011, 03:45 PM
undeadcow, you installed the game, played it for a bit and wrote a concise but helpful review, all in the space of just 28 minutes! Must be a record Thanks for the info; it sounds a bit disappointing.