★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** Featured in Apple's New and Noteworthy Games!! **

** Featured as OpenFeints Free Game of the Day!! **

** Featured as App of the week on Ansca Mobile - Corona SDK! **

** Featured as "New and Notable" on Appolicious. **

** FreeAppReport.com Featured App. **

Choco, our bravest piece of chocolate ever, is lost in a strange dimension filled with obstacles, and danger lurking in every corner!

Help him find his way home in this addictive platformer that will test your skills, timing, and dexterity!

"Hidden beneath its cute 8-bit graphics and fun, all-ages gameplay lies an interactive experience that can best be described as 'mobile meth'. ChocoRun is destructively addictive!" (Ansca Mobile)

"This is a game for those players who just won't quit until they've beaten a difficult challenge." (www.slidetoplay.com)

"Lets face it when is the last time you got to play a game as a piece of chocolate?" (www.touchmyapps.com)

CHOCO AND THE CHALLENGE

Easy to learn but difficult to master, ChocoRun is not another average mobile game! It's a very challenging game that will keep you on your toes, and mesmerize you with it's increasing level of difficulty, and addictive gameplay!
Each and every level will have you further on the edge of your seat as the challenge deepens, and the levels becomes more treacherous, taunting you to continue playing!

A NEW CATEGORY

ChocoRun establishes a new game category on iOS, the guided platformer. While Choco continues to run forward, it is your job to skillfully time your jumps and maneuvers through each level . No on-screen controller to mess your game, just tap anywhere on the screen to charge a jump and then release to perform it. Precision, speed and open eyes are a must!

50 GREAT LEVELS

You'll have 50 full-blown levels for a Choco action madness! Levels are filled with hazards like sawblades, spikes, sawblade cannons, bouncers, moving sawblades, teleports and... lots of sawblades!
Try to beat every level as fast as you can to get a rank of 3 stars on all of them!

AWESOME OST

ChocoRun features original tracks from the great Ozzed to keep you engaged and motivated, you'll love them!

COMPETE WITH YOUR FRIENDS

ChocoRun is Openfeint enabled, featuring leaderboards and achievements, so you can share your score with players around the world.
Keep track of your friends scores and try to beat them like a Choco pro! Also great achievements will reward the best players out there!
But that's not all, social features continue with Facebook and Twitter to let the world know your last best score right on your wall and timeline!

syntheticvoid's comments:

Awesome little platformer game, with the only controls being a jump button (tap on the screen) - to change directions you jump off of the walls...

It's a really good game... recommended if you're into platformers...

OpenFeint and GameCenter enabled... 16 achievements... and on OF, there's leaderboards for each level. =oD

Dunno if the level leaderboards are going to be moved over to GC... hope they are... =oP
06-16-2011, 12:55 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

06-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Looks like another interesting take on the Super Meat Boy forumula... only this time without directional controls. Almost like a mix between SMB and The Impossible Game. I see potential here.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Promo codes awaiting!

Hey you've been so fast! Thanks! :-D

Everyone that wants to get it fast and free take a look at the thread I just made (One of the hardest iOS games) to get a promo code!

Please review if possible!!!

Many thanks to all and specially to syntheticvoid!

Have fun!
06-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
woohoo!!!

yeah.... it is a LOT like Super Meat Boy...

as for the jumping, forgot to mention that you jump higher if you hold down longer... (you don't jump until you let go of the screen...)
06-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Leaderboards on GameCenter

Well Apple has the last word on this. The plan was Openfeint and GameCenter to be exactly the same but there's a limitation on GameCenter, only 25 leaderboards per game :-(

So as ChocoRun has more than 25 levels it's not possible right now, let's hope they increase that limit soon!
06-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkelgeist View Post
Well Apple has the last word on this. The plan was Openfeint and GameCenter to be exactly the same but there's a limitation on GameCenter, only 25 leaderboards per game :-(

So as ChocoRun has more than 25 levels it's not possible right now, let's hope they increase that limit soon!
=o)

maybe you could put a total score leaderboard on GC for now?
06-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Promo Codes

The other thread has been removed so I'll post the promo codes here.

Just in case for administrators: I'm the developer (Alejandro Jimenez) and I've read the rules ;-) Sorry for the repeated posting, someone tried to help me just when I was writing my post!

FFAPFJ96R9XY
WJF49LXEKRFX
YXANFELTPPM9
HR6TYT34P3MJ
PT36TYHWALX9
4L79LXWL7MR4
JEEK99FRYF96
T733RM6FAY7W
MJH3JRL3NPT6
06-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Game looks interesting. I added it to my wish list

~uıʌoןɔɯ
Want list: Oh! Edo Towns , Space Tripper,
06-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
=o)

maybe you could put a total score leaderboard on GC for now?

I'll try to find a right way of doing it, it's not a bad idea but it's hard for me to figure out as ChocoRun is based on maximum score for minimum time.

Just stay tuned for the updates, we're getting ready an iPad version and lots of surprises! ;-)