★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Bok Choy Boy Game for iPad from Code-Monkeys

06-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Bok Choy Boy Game for iPad from Code-Monkeys

Have you guys ever seen the little Bok Choy Boys you get in vending machines?

So we just got approval from both the App up store and iTunes for our latest game Bok Choy Boy. We worked with A&A Global to bring their little guys and the Numbskullz to life in a fast paced tower defense game where the Bok Choys protect the Forbidden City Dream Gate from waves of attacks from the Numbskullz. We have written an original story and art for the game to add a rich storytelling experience.

You can download for either iPad or Windows via the Intel app store. You can also play the first levels on the web right on our landing page through Unity 3d player. The landing page and all play links are at http://www.bokchoyboygame.com

Thanks,
Kong (adamans) of Code-Monkeys

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BokChoyBoyScreen5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	34427   Click image for larger version

Name:	BokChoyBoyScreen1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	34428   Click image for larger version

Name:	boksmall.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	34429  

Last edited by adamans; 06-17-2011 at 03:52 PM.
06-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Added images

Realized our images were not viewable. Here are screen shots.
-Adamans

06-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Hmmm...not sure why this is currently free?! There are no IAPs or ads that I could see. It appears to be a fully functional and polished looking game. I can't comment on gameplay because I didn't have time to check it out yet. The game uses OpenFeint and not Game Center. Anyway, I suppose it's worth checking out for free.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
06-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi CzarCastic - the answer to your question is simple enough - this game is linked to the release of a second series of vending machine figurines. A&A Global started shipping 12 new characters and the reality is that we wanted the app to be available in the store when those hit the streets - but that meant holding back a few minor features until we could get an update out.

So - look for an update that will open up in-app purchasing to unlock second series characters and also will include ad support, new levels, and some additional gameplay improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Hmmm...not sure why this is currently free?! There are no IAPs or ads that I could see. It appears to be a fully functional and polished looking game. I can't comment on gameplay because I didn't have time to check it out yet. The game uses OpenFeint and not Game Center. Anyway, I suppose it's worth checking out for free.
06-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Best Strategy?

Ok, so we are curious what some of your best strategies are. We noticed on Openfeint several players are up into the high 100,000 point ranges. What Bok Choy Boys are you using and or combinations (Ex. If you combine Water with Sky it increases Waters powers a lot) Anyway we would love to hear some of your, especially the high score achievers.
06-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamans View Post
Ok, so we are curious what some of your best strategies are. We noticed on Openfeint several players are up into the high 100,000 point ranges. What Bok Choy Boys are you using and or combinations (Ex. If you combine Water with Sky it increases Waters powers a lot) Anyway we would love to hear some of your, especially the high score achievers.
I just completed level 35 and scored 184K points! My strategy is to have 3 pairs - Fire/Day, Water/Sky, and Star/Moon.

I line them up in a single row, or as close as I can get them and make sure their range is at a maximum of 3 squares.

Pretty cool, I can't wait for the next one.
06-25-2011, 01:28 AM
New and noteworthy

So the game is now on the new and noteworthy picks on iTunes and climbing the game charts into the low teens. We hope to have an update really soon as well with improvements. Terri, curious how the play is on the pc version from appup. One reason we priced the appup version at 4.99 was there is no in app purchase system. All new characters will be unlocked as they are released. On the iTunes store each new unlock requires an in app purchase.
06-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Just got this game and started checking it out. It seems like a fun and pretty cute tower defense game.

Question though, is there a way to save? It seems like every time I log in I start at the very beginning and have to play multiple missions to unlock new characters again. It is a little puzzling.
07-02-2011, 01:19 AM
@ xmiyux, Yes we have an update awaiting approval right now. In it we have saved levels as well as better zooming and panning control. We will be adding more updates regularly as well. Thanks for playing!
-Adamans
10-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Thoughts?

So we now have almost half a million downloads and I wanted to pop back in here and see who is playing the game. We have made many improvements as well as fixes in response to player requests. We would love to hear your feedback.

Primarily, What do you think of game play? What new levels would you like, if any? Those are just suggestions. We plan to make some updates as resources allow.

Thanks again for playing!