★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-17-2011, 06:58 AM
#11
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Pokke Village, Indonesia
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
This looks awesome!! I think i might take the plunge on this one. I really dont care that much about the controls as long as they work well. Looks like a lot of work was put into it.
thanks!!!
any impression'll be very appreciated.. ^^

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Gods Eater Burst, MP3RD HD, Grand Knights Story, Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Waiting For: Digimon Re: Digitize Fan Translation
Officially moved to android
06-17-2011, 07:01 AM
#12
In the mean time while looking through the devs journals there is another game called GeoMonsters which is free. Its not a top down rpg though. Apparently you can trade these guys over wifi to anyone in Geo society.
BOUGHT!!

Last edited by Arashi541; 06-17-2011 at 07:18 AM.

06-17-2011, 08:28 AM
#13
Game Impressions

The scrolling is jerky, the on-screen buttons are unresponsive, and whoever wrote the text does not know the difference between "your" and "you're." Nor between "affect" and "effect."

Still interested?

Ok, well, the game indeed appears to play a lot like Pokemon. I can't say much about how much depth or variety there is after a half hour or so of play, but it hints at a decent amount.

The combat system is interesting, though again it's hard to judge it in terms of depth given how much I've played so far. In fact, I couldn't figure out how to change from one monster to another once I had two in my party. Basically though, it appears to be a mix of turn based and real time, but the latter only in the sense that there is a progress bar that needs to fill up after a monster attacks, the speed of which varies depending (I think) on level. At least in part. This means one monster can attack another multiple times in the space of one round. There's also an upgradable "speed" stat which I would hope contributes to this aspect. Visually combat plays out much the same as it does in Pokemon, though there are no visual attacks or animations.

If you really, REALLY want a Pokemon-like game on the iOS and think you'd be willing to forgive a fair number of issues for it, this may be worth your while. The bare bones at least are certainly here, and appear to be fairly solid. It's definitely not an unscrupulous cash-in and certainly not unplayable by any means. My guess is what you'll get out of it will depend on the level of expectations you approach it with, combined with how much of a fan you are of its "inspiration."
06-17-2011, 08:30 AM
#14
thank you for the impressions Gabrien! =o)


I might end up getting this for my nephew, he's been looking for a game like Pokemon for the iOS since he got his iPod... =o/

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Asdivine Hearts, Cardinal Quest 2, Yurei Ninja, Mountain Goat Mountain
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
06-17-2011, 08:40 AM
#15
Okay after playing nonstop for at least an hour I can succesfully say that this is a decent game. First the character movement is really slow and the controls are decent if you slide your finger over them. There are tons of creatures to collect and the battle is fun. In fact the best part of the game is the combat and catching creatures. This is not a open world game. You go to the HQ and get a mission on which you catch and defeat these creatures. I have not bred a pokemon yet but I imagine that in the future I can. The creatures are interesting and look very well made. Theres seems to be alot of content with over 300 geomon and you are encouraged to catch them all. If you are a fan of pokemon you will probably like this.
06-17-2011, 08:49 AM
#16
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Pokke Village, Indonesia
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
Okay after playing nonstop for at least an hour I can succesfully say that this is a decent game. First the character movement is really slow and the controls are decent if you slide your finger over them. There are tons of creatures to collect and the battle is fun. In fact the best part of the game is the combat and catching creatures. This is not a open world game. You go to the HQ and get a mission on which you catch and defeat these creatures. I have not bred a pokemon yet but I imagine that in the future I can. The creatures are interesting and look very well made. Theres seems to be alot of content with over 300 geomon and you are encouraged to catch them all. If you are a fan of pokemon you will probably like this.
not an open world??
is this plays like monster hunter quest system?

thanks for the impressions tough

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Gods Eater Burst, MP3RD HD, Grand Knights Story, Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Waiting For: Digimon Re: Digitize Fan Translation
Officially moved to android
06-17-2011, 08:55 AM
#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
not an open world??
is this plays like monster hunter quest system?

thanks for the impressions tough
Well your against some sort of rival team thats trying to make a army of the geomon and there are various missions and the like. There are random encounters and geomon trainers in those missions where you fight them. No its not like the monster hunter quest system.
06-17-2011, 09:53 AM
#18
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Pokke Village, Indonesia
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
Well your against some sort of rival team thats trying to make a army of the geomon and there are various missions and the like. There are random encounters and geomon trainers in those missions where you fight them. No its not like the monster hunter quest system.
is the mission repeatable?

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Gods Eater Burst, MP3RD HD, Grand Knights Story, Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Waiting For: Digimon Re: Digitize Fan Translation
Officially moved to android
06-17-2011, 10:32 AM
#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
is the mission repeatable?
Yeah they are!
06-17-2011, 10:44 AM
#20
Just invited the developer to join the forum and I have asked him to fix the speed and the contols!