Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-17-2011, 03:17 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Tumulus Of Fen - RPG

Old 06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Saw this, but not willing to spend $3 on it. (Still haven't picked up Alkalabeth... )
Old 06-17-2011, 03:27 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Wow! 175 megs!!
Old 06-17-2011, 03:28 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I wish the screenshots were more descriptive. How is this 178mb?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:33 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I wish the screenshots were more descriptive. How is this 178mb?
And why would it only run on newer devices? I guess there is something I don't understand about this game and I'd need to play it to know.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:39 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

More pictures on the developer facebook. Looks like a cool dungeon crawler.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:11 AM

In my opinion it's deeper than Deep Deep Dungeon
Old 06-18-2011, 08:13 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Is this a universal app?
Old 06-20-2011, 01:53 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Default Game Impressions

for my money, The draw of any rpg is the sense of discovery. I want the game to constantly stream new content for me to uncover. Short and simple, This game does it, and more suprisingly, Tumulus Does it in pleasing indie style. Don't be dissuaded by the meh-ish screenshots. The land of Fen is large and deep. This could cause issues if the interface and navigation were any less simple. The game plays just like the Quest or Undercroft as far as navigation, the world is maze-like, but the map is easy to follow. I recently played Tower rpg, which disappointingly asks you to click next to ascend floors, with no real navigation. The dungeon in TOF is open for exploration, and a compass and map keeps the discovered areas easy to retread. Just know that it plays well. The real fun part comes in the depth of choice. within an hour of play, i had discovered tens of different potions and spell scrolls (i play a Fighter). One scroll might make it less dangerouse to camp, while another helps you study the movements of your enemy. This brings me to one of the coolest bits yet, as a fighter, you have the ability to study your opponent during a fight instead of attacking. After doing this with a few goblins, i was able to use special moves against goblins such as riposte. This learned knowledge is permanent, and is inscribed permanently in your book of monster lore, another sign of the hard work and love put into the game. Truth be told, I wasn't going to buy this game, because the art looked amatuer, but i won 100 bucks at lottery scratchers and went app crazy. if you think you might like a game that mixes Rougue touch with Undercroft, Give this a try.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar21 View Post
for my money, The draw of any rpg is the sense of discovery. I want the game to constantly stream new content for me to uncover. Short and simple, This game does it, and more suprisingly, Tumulus Does it in pleasing indie style.

Don't be dissuaded by the meh-ish screenshots. The land of Fen is large and deep. This could cause issues if the interface and navigation were any less simple. The game plays just like the Quest or Undercroft as far as navigation, the world is maze-like, but the map is easy to follow.

I recently played Tower rpg, which disappointingly asks you to click next to ascend floors, with no real navigation. The dungeon in TOF is open for exploration, and a compass and map keeps the discovered areas easy to retread. Just know that it plays well.

The real fun part comes in the depth of choice. within an hour of play, i had discovered tens of different potions and spell scrolls (i play a Fighter). One scroll might make it less dangerouse to camp, while another helps you study the movements of your enemy. This brings me to one of the coolest bits yet:
as a fighter, you have the ability to study your opponent during a fight instead of attacking. After doing this with a few goblins, i was able to use special moves against goblins such as riposte. This learned knowledge is permanent, and is inscribed permanently in your book of monster lore, another sign of the hard work and love put into the game.

Truth be told, I wasn't going to buy this game, because the art looked amatuer, but i won 100 bucks at lottery scratchers and went app crazy. if you think you might like a game that mixes Rougue touch with Undercroft, Give this a try.
Sorry, my OCDish tendencies simply wouldn't allow me to not do that.