App description: Tumulus of Fen is a turn based solo dungeon crawler. Built to have the look and feel of the retro style dungeon crawlers of the late 80s and early 90s.

In it you play either a fighter, cleric, rogue or wizard. Each class has it's own style of play and makes for a unique experience.

As you travel down in to the depths of the maze like tumulus you'll fight monsters, collect loot and gain levels. All this is done in preparation for the greater evil that lies at the bottom of the catacombs.

The dungeon is big... really big. There are 20 floors to explore and while exploring you'll come across over 100 different creatures, chests, random events and the occasional guardian. But, you wont have to succeed by wits alone. There are hundreds of items and over a 100 spells, scrolls and potions you can use to help you on your way.

From time to time you may need to pop back up above ground to rest and restock provisions. You can always find help at the inn or temple. And if you need a diversion, you can have some fun in the arena either betting or fighting. Or perhaps go browse around in the marketplace, library or alchemist shop.

Go! Adventure!! Have fun!!!
06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Saw this, but not willing to spend $3 on it. (Still haven't picked up Alkalabeth... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

06-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Wow! 175 megs!!
06-17-2011, 03:28 PM
I wish the screenshots were more descriptive. How is this 178mb?
06-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I wish the screenshots were more descriptive. How is this 178mb?
And why would it only run on newer devices? I guess there is something I don't understand about this game and I'd need to play it to know.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
06-17-2011, 03:39 PM
06-18-2011, 02:11 AM
In my opinion it's deeper than Deep Deep Dungeon
06-18-2011, 08:13 AM
Is this a universal app?
06-20-2011, 01:53 AM
Game Impressions

for my money, The draw of any rpg is the sense of discovery. I want the game to constantly stream new content for me to uncover. Short and simple, This game does it, and more suprisingly, Tumulus Does it in pleasing indie style. Don't be dissuaded by the meh-ish screenshots. The land of Fen is large and deep. This could cause issues if the interface and navigation were any less simple. The game plays just like the Quest or Undercroft as far as navigation, the world is maze-like, but the map is easy to follow. I recently played Tower rpg, which disappointingly asks you to click next to ascend floors, with no real navigation. The dungeon in TOF is open for exploration, and a compass and map keeps the discovered areas easy to retread. Just know that it plays well. The real fun part comes in the depth of choice. within an hour of play, i had discovered tens of different potions and spell scrolls (i play a Fighter). One scroll might make it less dangerouse to camp, while another helps you study the movements of your enemy. This brings me to one of the coolest bits yet, as a fighter, you have the ability to study your opponent during a fight instead of attacking. After doing this with a few goblins, i was able to use special moves against goblins such as riposte. This learned knowledge is permanent, and is inscribed permanently in your book of monster lore, another sign of the hard work and love put into the game. Truth be told, I wasn't going to buy this game, because the art looked amatuer, but i won 100 bucks at lottery scratchers and went app crazy. if you think you might like a game that mixes Rougue touch with Undercroft, Give this a try.
06-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar21 View Post
for my money, The draw of any rpg is the sense of discovery. I want the game to constantly stream new content for me to uncover. Short and simple, This game does it, and more suprisingly, Tumulus Does it in pleasing indie style.

Don't be dissuaded by the meh-ish screenshots. The land of Fen is large and deep. This could cause issues if the interface and navigation were any less simple. The game plays just like the Quest or Undercroft as far as navigation, the world is maze-like, but the map is easy to follow.

I recently played Tower rpg, which disappointingly asks you to click next to ascend floors, with no real navigation. The dungeon in TOF is open for exploration, and a compass and map keeps the discovered areas easy to retread. Just know that it plays well.

The real fun part comes in the depth of choice. within an hour of play, i had discovered tens of different potions and spell scrolls (i play a Fighter). One scroll might make it less dangerouse to camp, while another helps you study the movements of your enemy. This brings me to one of the coolest bits yet:
as a fighter, you have the ability to study your opponent during a fight instead of attacking. After doing this with a few goblins, i was able to use special moves against goblins such as riposte. This learned knowledge is permanent, and is inscribed permanently in your book of monster lore, another sign of the hard work and love put into the game.

Truth be told, I wasn't going to buy this game, because the art looked amatuer, but i won 100 bucks at lottery scratchers and went app crazy. if you think you might like a game that mixes Rougue touch with Undercroft, Give this a try.
Sorry, my OCDish tendencies simply wouldn't allow me to not do that.