★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Story Wheel app for the iPhone and iPad

06-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Story Wheel app for the iPhone and iPad

A new education game for the iPhone and iPad was recently released called "Story Wheel". It is an interactive game that helps kids build their imagination as they create new stories. Players spin the story wheel and land on an image, they then have 30 seconds to record a portion of a story that is built upon by the other players. At the end of the game, you can play back your story while you enjoy the beautifully animated images.

Best of all, it is free and available on the app store.

Here are some images:

And a video can be found here.

06-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Looks great!

Is this 2 separate apps for iphone and ipad? I only see one entry in the itunes store.

06-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Good question, thanks for asking. This app will work with both the iPhone and iPad. If you have both devices, a single download will load the app on to both devices.
07-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Great Game. Kids love it. Would love to post their stories up so others could hear them somewhere.
07-06-2011, 08:34 AM
New features coming soon

You are in luck. We are planning a new feature that will allow you to share content. What is your favorite social networking platform?
07-06-2011, 10:10 AM
This is pretty neat! I recorded a story for my 2 year old and she was pretty impressed as paid attention as long as I kept the story bits short. She's too young to make any stories aside from announcing proudly what the picture is (which is still fun :P)

Anyways - great idea and nicely implemented!

That said, there is room for improvement - in particular with the animations. They are a bit lackluster.... might also be nice to have some sounds to go along with them that plays behind the audio that is recorded.

Thanks for this unique app!

Get fired up and hit the road in Assault Bandit
Take flight through the night skies in Unicorn Rush!
Spark It Up! - Zombie Dash - Anomaly - www.sumiguchi.com - Videos Here!
Have a toddler at home? Take a break while they learn to count: Count With Me (Free - No ads/links or other BS)
07-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Thanks sumiguchi,

Interesting feedback on your 2 year old. There definitely is a progression with the amount kids can do with the app as they grow. I have three kids age 3, 6, and 8. Here is what I have found including your daughter.

@2 years old - They can name the symbols
@3 years old - They can assemble a 5-6 word sentence with the symbol
@6 years old - They can tell a story with expression
@8 years old - They can construct a well formed story with a plot

I also appreciate your comments on the animation and sound. We are always making improvements and will take that into consideration with the new themes as they come out. On a side note, we just released a space theme, and we have some more features coming out soon as well.