★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Globs Lite is out!!! Is it the worst game ever?

04-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Globs Lite is out!!! Is it the worst game ever?

Only 2 Stars! Ok so after some research I guess a lot of lite versions get low ratings for whatever reason. The only frustrating thing about bad reviews to me is that they usually don't tell you what they don't like. They just say they don't like it. Which leaves you clueless as to how to make it better.

Last edited by iPhoneGlobs; 04-01-2010 at 09:15 PM.
04-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Will try the lite now...feedback soon.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

04-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhoneGlobs View Post
Only 2 Stars! I mean is launching a kitty out of a cannon really that much more fun than shooting globs while jumping through a platform packed level? Is anyone willing to try this lite version and explain this to me.
Need to give it some more time.. Kitty Kannon has 431 1 stars.. you only have 5. The problem is people delete the game and you have to change the 1 star to something else. Some people are do not want to figure out the game or change the rating.
04-17-2009, 08:42 PM
d/l atm. I love anything that has to do with platformers, so I think I'll like this one.

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
04-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Now. Played the tutorial (wich is really good) and the first level with all three control types. Still don't know which one is the best. Could control the guy with all three pretty well. Depends on personal taste. But great that you give the option! The overall style is very cool. Reminds me a bit of Bubba 'n Stix, if you know it The nerdy guy is cool, also his sounds and the monsters are funny, especially that you can collect their eye balls

But two things: First, the minor one, although the music seems cool first (kind of nice retro feeling), it gets annoying very quickly! And second, this is the main problem: LEVEL DESIGN. Already the first level is just too hard (at least to me). With all of the three control methods I always failed at the hot air streams, I just couldn't reach the second one on the left of the first one...always getting stuck and then flying too high in the first stream, so I had to go all the way again and again.... I don't know if it's just my fault. But for me this (as a first level on easy) is the big minus. A way too hard first level. People need some rewards on their first attempt

But at the moment, a 3 and a half out of 5.
Not the worst game ever, definetly. Adjust the level design with an update and I buy this, even for 2,99.

04-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Will do!
04-17-2009, 09:15 PM
please listen to my suggestions about upgrades, different types of globs, and progression/survivor levels where globs actual GO attack you aggressively and you have to defend yourself, upgrade, and run away. (Maybe globs that are slow, fast, can't jump, etc....)
04-17-2009, 09:24 PM
I planned for the Globs to remain the same throught the game. But I am adding new enemies in each level that are smarter and will be able to shoot at you. For example in the 1.1.3 update in level two there will be several spiked plant type creatures that attack you not just the falling spike berries. After you get the rocket pack in level two you will need to use the glob eyeballs for rocket fuel as well as other things. So they will always be at key places in each level so you can collect the eyes when you need them. Haven't you run across the mega glob yet?
04-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Quote:
I planned for the Globs to remain the same throught the game. But I am adding new enemies in each level that are smarter and will be able to shoot at you. For example in the 1.1.3 update in level two there will be several spiked plant type creatures that attack you not just the falling spike berries. After you get the rocket pack in level two you will need to use the glob eyeballs for rocket fuel as well as other things. So they will always be at key places in each level so you can collect the eyes when you need them. Haven't you run across the mega glob yet?
...I gave up on the air streams at level one

04-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Great ideas! I took it a bit too far and tried to make it like zombieville and idracula. What level is the mega glob on cuz i had to redownload the game and i dont play it too much anymore.