★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iDaTank $1.99 -> $0.99

06-18-2011, 11:09 AM
#1
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,104
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
iDaTank $1.99 -> $0.99




EVERYONE SHOULD GET THIS!!! It's in my top 3 games of 2011... and in my top 10 iOS games EVER... I LOVE THIS GAME!!! GET IT NOW WHILE IT'S ON SALE!!! =oD
06-18-2011, 11:34 AM
#2
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,741
I wanted to like it after reading the topic, but the lite felt a little odd to me. The movement was super slow and felt like it needed a bit of refining... I spent most of the game just running away while being shot and that got repetitive.

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

06-18-2011, 11:36 AM
#3
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,104
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
you do start out a bit slow... but there's upgrades that let you move faster, better agility, weapon upgrades... it gets SOOO good...


not saying that you don't know what you're talking about... not at all... I know the game isn't for everyone... but for me personally, it really is one of THE BEST iOS games I've ever had the pleasure of playing... =o)
06-18-2011, 11:36 AM
#4
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,741
Well, I'll at least go back and finish the lite version then... to see if it clicks

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-18-2011, 11:53 AM
#5
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,916
taken it at the original price...worths every single cent!
But a little too difficult for my taste (except for first and half of the second serie of asteroids, that are beatable in a decent amount of time)!
In any case, for this price, it deserves a try also if u are a casual gamer and not "hardcore"

I love this world!
06-18-2011, 12:02 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,741
Finished the lite. I think my problem the first time was I didn't know I should be grinding. It's not immediately obvious what kind of game it is, so I was rushing through the levels. Before buying the full game I would also like to know how much more variety there is... I know there are more levels, enemies and perks... so, what kind of perks? Are all the levels just asteroids? Any boss fights?

I think the game could be good now I understand it better, but the full game description could do more to explain all of the extra stuff you're getting. Even most of the screenshots look the same as what I already played in the lite version.

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-18-2011, 12:18 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Finished the lite. I think my problem the first time was I didn't know I should be grinding. It's not immediately obvious what kind of game it is, so I was rushing through the levels. Before buying the full game I would also like to know how much more variety there is... I know there are more levels, enemies and perks... so, what kind of perks? Are all the levels just asteroids? Any boss fights?

I think the game could be good now I understand it better, but the full game description could do more to explain all of the extra stuff you're getting. Even most of the screenshots look the same as what I already played in the lite version.
All the levels are asteroids, the environments vary. There are 5 distinct clusters with their own environments and variation between each asteroid. Things like how rough/mountainous or level the terrain is, obstacles or things you can hide behind and environmental hazards such as pools of lava.

There are boss fights in 3 of the clusters and the rest have sort of puzzley last levels.

The perks are things like movement speed, agility, target lock range, bullet speed, fire rate, magnet distance (for loot), target tracking, movement prediction, health, health regen, armour, environmental protection...there are more but I forget. With each level you are given a choice 3 random perks with 1 point to invest, each perk has 3 levels. So there's a bit of luck involved there with what you get.

Enemies and their attacks get a lot more varied end game, I feel like giving away too much here would spoil the experience but I didn't get bored of them.

Last edited by spleen; 06-18-2011 at 12:26 PM.
06-18-2011, 12:21 PM
#8
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,104
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
yeah, I think seeing what enemies come next is a BIG part of the gaming experience... especially in the last half of the game...

I almost posted up some pictures of my favorite enemies in the iDaTank thread... but then decided against it because I didn't want to spoil it for anyone... =oP
06-18-2011, 12:38 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen View Post
All the levels are asteroids, the environments vary. There are 5 distinct clusters with their own environments and variation between each asteroid. Things like how rough/mountainous or level the terrain is, obstacles or things you can hide behind and environmental hazards such as pools of lava.

There are boss fights in 3 of the clusters and the rest have sort of puzzley last levels.

The perks are things like movement speed, agility, target lock range, bullet speed, fire rate, magnet distance (for loot), target tracking, movement prediction, health, health regen, armour, environmental protection...there are more but I forget. With each level you are given a choice 3 random perks with 1 point to invest, each perk has 3 levels. So there's a bit of luck involved there with what you get.

Enemies and their attacks get a lot more varied end game, I feel like giving away too much here would spoil the experience but I didn't get bored of them.
The perk system for me is kinda like in Soloman's Keep/Boneyard where you get random skills to level up. Sounds like theres a lot to discover in this game. =D
06-18-2011, 12:43 PM
#10
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,104
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
The perk system for me is kinda like in Soloman's Keep/Boneyard where you get random skills to level up. Sounds like theres a lot to discover in this game. =D
yeah, Solomon's Keep is a PERFECT comparison for the upgrade system... =oD