★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Zombie Pub Crawl

04-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Zombie Pub Crawl

[App Store Link, $0.99]

Quote:
Orange Crane Games presents upcoming iPhone title "Zombie Pub Crawl"

Nothing comes between you and your Friday-night pint of stout—not even reports of deadly zombie attacks. Undeterred by an uprising of the undead, you and your mates hit the London pubs for a night of brew-fueled mayhem with Britains famed Matilda II battle tank watching your back. Zombies piss off! Guide your lager-lusting crew from pub to pub through cobbled streets infested with rotting bogeymen, and mow down throngs of immortal mutants that threaten to permanently dry your taps. Pick up ammo and weapon power-ups to clear the path between taverns. But watch out: These zombies are ravenous for the flesh of the living, and they dont thirst for ale—they thirst for blood.

"Zombie Pub Crawl" combines RTS (real-time strategy) gameplay with zombie shooter action, producing a unique and compelling iPhone platform gaming experience.

Despite an uncontrollable viral outbreak that reanimates the dead in London’s cemeteries at night, you guide a lager-lusting crew from pub to pub with Britain’s famed Matilda II battle tank. Navigate through London’s cobbled streets, which are infested with zombies. Mow down throngs of immortal mutants that threaten to dry your taps. Pick up ammo and earn upgrades to help clear the path between taverns. But watch out: The zombies are ravenous for the flesh of the living, and they don’t thirst for ale—they thirst for blood.

"Zombie Pub Crawl" offers a quick-play game mode, a campaign game mode, and a training mode.

Quick-play game mode is pure survival: Guide your mates to as many pubs as possible; earn tank upgrades along the way to fend off the persistent onslaught of zombies. There are three levels of difficulty for great jump-in and jump-out action and continued replayability.

Campaign game mode offers several game types, each with a progression of levels. Earn cash by successfully completing each level, and then visit the upgrade store to upgrade your tank's speed and your gun's capabilities. Game types include:

• Gather Your Mates—Collect mates from each pub that you pass and safely guide them to reach the end pub.
• Quench That Thirst—Safely navigate your crew along a series of pubs before time runs out.
• Zombie Rampage—Reach the destination pub while withstanding the throngs of zombies.

Training mode includes three levels to help get you started:

• Follow the Target
• Drive the Tank
• Get the Zombies

Unique iPhone Engine
Crange Crane Games worked in collaboration with game developer Smartbomb Interactive to develop the iPhone game engine used in “Zombie Pub Crawl.” A top priority when creating this engine was to guarantee quick load times and a great frame rate. The payoff for players is that there is no waiting time and no loading time between the menu and in-game shooter action—players can progress through levels uninterrupted by a loading bar.

Up Next
Several game modes will be available after this introductory release, including a Santacon mode (a nod to all those Santacon lovers), where players have to protect a pub-hopping crew of Santas. Also in the works are additional weapons including a flamethrower, more cities, different vehicles, and of course next-generation zombies.

Pricing and Availability
"Zombie Pub Crawl" will be available from the Apple iTunes Store in mid-April at an introductory price of $0.99. "Zombie Pub Crawl" will have a full price of $2.99.

About Orange Crane Games
Orange Crane Games was created by 15-year gaming industry veteran Bruce Johnson to develop superior iPhone games and applications

Youtube link | Pop Up

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 04-18-2009 at 12:57 AM.
04-17-2009, 09:21 PM
i think this looks pretty cool but im gonna hold off for a while

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!

04-17-2009, 09:21 PM
odd looking game

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
04-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Cool, anyone try it yet? Maybe you could give some promo codes to get some reviews written, to give the game a good start!
04-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGame View Post
Cool, anyone try it yet? Maybe you could give some promo codes to get some reviews written, to give the game a good start!
yea that would be cool
is the dev even on TA??

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
04-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stykman View Post
yea that would be cool
is the dev even on TA??
Not sure, I thought Salsa was the dev o_O BTW nice quote salsa, you just changed the course of my life (no joke). Thanks!
04-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGame View Post
Not sure, I thought Salsa was the dev o_O BTW nice quote salsa, you just changed the course of my life (no joke). Thanks!
salsa is a mod

04-17-2009, 09:38 PM
game looks pretty fun
sorta like a time consuming mini game
like a idracula,zombieville, or flight control
just a game to pick up and play a few minutes a day

probably gonna pick this one up this weekend sometime

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.
04-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Neva enuf zombeez
04-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamazar View Post
neva enuf zombeez

true dat!!

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.