★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ignite for iPhone and iPod Touch -- Available Now!

04-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Send a message via AIM to Pat Glynn
Ignite for iPhone and iPod Touch -- Available Now!

You may have seen our app in the upcoming section last week. We are happy to announce it is now live on the app store!

App Store Link :
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=311885522&mt=8

Currently it is not in any lists on the store, but you can find it by searching:
Code:
monster gila
I hope all of you enjoy this title from Monster Gila

Youtube link | Pop Up

Apologies for the camera quality.
http://www.monstergila.com

We thought the video was important because a image cannot show how fluid the gameplay is.

Game Description:

The evil Water Warlords have invaded the tranquil Fire society and you are the only hope! Take on the role of Iggy the Flameboy as he brings revenge to his soggy oppressors. Along the way you will face puzzling challenges, unyielding enemies, and epic boss battles!

Ignite is a fast-paced platformer style game which will test your precision and timing. Explore three beautifully rendered environments by leaping from platform to platform. But be careful! If you don't frequently light new fires you will slowly burn out. Some platforms will burn up beneath you, so keep moving! Defeat the three Water Warlords to insure the safety of your people!

Features:

- Over 30 challenging levels

- Realistic real-time rendered flame effects

- Dynamic lighting effects

- 3 stunning environments

- Engaging full stereo musical score and sound system

- Easy to use controls
04-18-2009, 12:16 AM
It is out on a few lists.. http://appshopper.com/games/ignite
I just finished the tutorial so far.. great unique game. Goodluck with it.

04-18-2009, 12:29 AM
This game is really fun. I like how the character is controlled and the music is great. Looking forward to playing the game more. My only complaint is how fast we lose flame when we are away from the wood stacks.
04-18-2009, 01:15 AM
So I read that this is a platform game and I love these kinds of games... Waiting on this one, seems like all you do is jump to the right and to the left. The graphics and the music/score (sounds like the missiles from iShoot ) for this looks awesome but again, waiting for more reviews.

Can you shoot flameballs or something? Is it worth the three dollars anyone?
04-18-2009, 02:40 AM
I just bought it, but iTunes is acting retarded. I've purchased it, but I can't download it. lol. I'll give a review soon.
04-18-2009, 03:37 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Really, really interested in this one, but I've been burned a lot lately. Will wait for impressions. Hope it's outstanding.
04-18-2009, 03:41 AM
Excuse the double post,but I'm on my phone at the moment and wanted to give a quick summary on the game so far.

The game is definitely 'what you see is what you get', and I don't mean that in a bad way. But if jumping from platform to platform isn't your thing then don't buy this. But if you liked what you saw on the video,buy it. The game didn't supercede my expectations but it did confirm them.

The game is pretty polished. But I'm hoping that if there's an update in the future,that we at least have a tangible storyline. It seems like we've just been thrown in this game without a reason or cause to finish the game. I like how the game plays, it requires timing and precision. It's not too hard but it's not easy either.

My only gripe apart from the storyline is the menu graphics. I could definitely do without the "capsule-like" buttons. It looks like those free buttons you get on public design blogs. Text is fine,no need for the capsules. The font should also match the "loading..." font to add some consistency to the overall graphics. Sorry if I'm a little picky, I design so its hard to avoid small details like these.

But overall,graphics are one of the most unique,artistic and best Ive seen for the iPhone/iPod touch. The music is great,heavy on the orchestration side,which I like a lot. Gameplay is challenging,but I can see it getting a little repetitive. Presentation is alright,needs a little more polish though.

Overall,a good game w the potential to be great with updates.

79/100,just round it to 80.

Good luck with the game and I hope you keep us posted with any planned updates!
04-18-2009, 03:45 AM
Sorry,can't edit. Just wanted to add that at $3 it's a steal

Pick it up now if you like platformers, and definitely check it out if you're the slightest bit interested in this unique and beautifully designed game!
04-18-2009, 03:55 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Thanks, jFND. But funny enough, I still am a bit hesitant. No Story? Not even The devil escaped hell because he was tired of being the bad guy? Not even that?
04-18-2009, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaone View Post
Thanks, jFND. But funny enough, I still am a bit hesitant. No Story? Not even The devil escaped hell because he was tired of being the bad guy? Not even that?
I'm on a laptop now so, I can quote and what not..

As the dev has provided:

Quote:
The evil Water Warlords have invaded the tranquil Fire society and you are the only hope! Take on the role of Iggy the Flameboy as he brings revenge to his soggy oppressors. Along the way you will face puzzling challenges, unyielding enemies, and epic boss battles!

Ignite is a fast-paced platformer style game which will test your precision and timing. Explore three beautifully rendered environments by leaping from platform to platform. But be careful! If you don't frequently light new fires you will slowly burn out. Some platforms will burn up beneath you, so keep moving! Defeat the three Water Warlords to insure the safety of your people!
That's what you have to go by basically. I don't remember it being in the game, and nor was I told in the game that the character's name was Iggy the Flameboy. The introductory scene only showed the evil cloud extinguish the fires in the world you're in, and I'm assuming it's your job to light it up again. The world starts off dark, and it's up to you to light it back up while jumping from platform to platform.

While this may be a repetitive premise; it actually is quite compelling to play it under a time constraint. You're limited to jumping with precision. There are some enemies that are on woodstacks occassionally, and it's up to you to time it correctly. Jump on the enemy and you'll kill it -- but you'll jump back a little from this, resulting in either reverting back to your previous platform or falling to your death.

The only way I can describe this game's similarity is to Doodle Jump. It's a more "mature" version of Doodle Jump, and has more depth than it. Doodle Jump is more of a pick up and play game (fantastic one at that), this one requires you to think on your feet. And I think that's the whole premise of the game. You have to decide where you want to go, how to get there, and when to jump. But while thinking about these questions, you are limited to time, hence, making the game that much more compelling.

As I said, the only downside to the game is the lack of a tangible storyline in the game (well, I'm not far off in the game, but I've finished 7 levels). That is the only downside right now.

Hope all that blabber helped to make your decision