★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Northcube AB
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 20.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Experience the thrill and excitement of full-on arcade racing.

UPDATE: 3 million people addicted to VS. Racing can't be wrong!

Challenge your friends, iPhone against iPhone! Test your skills in the exciting single player campaign!

FEATURES

Local multiplayer mayhem challenge up to 6 friends over local WiFi or up to 3 friends via Bluetooth

Thrilling single player complete the story-driven campaign with 34 races on 6 unique tracks

Perfect car handling with high quality arcade physics

Advanced AI opponents that will put your skills to the test

Choose between various control options: tilt, directional pad or left/right buttons

Time Attack mode with Ghost Race

Compare times and Ghost Race agains Facebook friends

Designed from the ground up for an intense multiplayer experience

Vivid retina display graphics

Created by industry veterans that worked on highly successful apps like Dark Nebula Episode 1 and 2. Network engine created by Peter Björklund, developer of the network engine for Battlefield: Modern Combat.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

06-19-2011, 10:56 AM
That's quite some pedigree, and the screenshots look very nice. At .99 it seems like a no brainer...

06-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Damn! How come there was no word about this! Instabuy when it hits tonight!

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
06-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Looking good instant buy from me

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
06-19-2011, 12:18 PM
No buy from me until I hear more about how this "36 races on 6 tracks" thing works. If it's just 6 tracks it's a definite no buy, racing games have had more than that since the days of the SNES. Aside from that, the game looks great.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Will their be multiplayer on gamecenter or by local wifi do they mean over one Internet connection?
06-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Game Impressions

A fun game at its core spoiled by some technical as well as design issues.

First and foremost: rubber-band AI. This is a pet hate of mine but I have never before seen it in a top-down racer. At the very least not to this degree. Fall behind and the AI cars magically get stuck in 3rd gear. Get a few meters ahead and they suddenly all become Ricky Bobby. If that wasn't enough, fall behind some more and nitro boost strips suddenly appear on track for you. This alone completely ruins the game for me. Some people don't mind being catered to though and lead around by the nose. Read on.

The frame rate takes a hit whenever there are 4-5 cars on screen at once. Since the designers felt the need to ensure races are "close," this happens a lot. It's not game-breaking, but significant and annoying.

There is no Gamecenter, no OF, no online leaderboards of any kind. That's right, a game genre where lap times are an integral part of gameplay appeal provides no way to compare yours with anybody else outside your family and immediate circle of friends.

Controls are good. Even the tilt option. Cars handle well and react realistically according to type of surface. I'll probably never play this again unless some drastic (yet not complicated) changes are made.

Oh. And if I cared, I'd point out that this would be much better on the iPad and ask if/when/how it might be making its way over to that device.
06-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
A fun game at its core spoiled by some technical as well as design issues.

First and foremost: rubber-band AI. This is a pet hate of mine but I have never before seen it in a top-down racer. At the very least not to this degree. Fall behind and the AI cars magically get stuck in 3rd gear. Get a few meters ahead and they suddenly all become Ricky Bobby. If that wasn't enough, fall behind some more and nitro boost strips suddenly appear on track for you. This alone completely ruins the game for me. Some people don't mind being catered to though and lead around by the nose. Read on.

The frame rate takes a hit whenever there are 4-5 cars on screen at once. Since the designers felt the need to ensure races are "close," this happens a lot. It's not game-breaking, but significant and annoying.

There is no Gamecenter, no OF, no online leaderboards of any kind. That's right, a game genre where lap times are an integral part of gameplay appeal provides no way to compare yours with anybody else outside your family and immediate circle of friends.

Controls are good. Even the tilt option. Cars handle well and react realistically according to type of surface. I'll probably never play this again unless some drastic (yet not complicated) changes are made.

Oh. And if I cared, I'd point out that this would be much better on the iPad and ask if/when/how it might be making its way over to that device.
Ehh, the king of NZ TOFTing speaks, and I wish that it was about how great and awesome this game is. Now I'm kind of iffy. What's your verdict, @Gabrien?

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
06-19-2011, 01:31 PM
This is why I love this forum. Will pass. Thanks Gabrien.
06-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsterboi View Post
Ehh, the king of NZ TOFTing speaks, and I wish that it was about how great and awesome this game is. Now I'm kind of iffy. What's your verdict, @Gabrien?
But also one of the most overly-critical kings of TOFTTing

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ