★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What are your Undeletable Games?

06-19-2011, 04:57 PM
What are your Undeletable Games?

Everyone has a favorite game or app that they can't bring themselves to delete. Thus I ask,what are YOUR favorite games that you won't ever delete off of your iPod?
A few of Mine are:
Geo Society: Pokemon clone with tons of creatures to catch. Wouldnt delete because I would lose all my progress.
iDaTank: A great game with a cute main character and a awesome control method/upgrade system. Can't see myself deleting this one for a while if ever.
Galaxy on Fire 2: There is so much content here that I havent been able to put it down once ive become immersed.
Bumpy Road: Fun endless game with a interesting gameplay method.
Mighty Fin: Love the main character and all the costumes plus the fact that there is a endless mode to enjoy.
06-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Angry Birds; no other casual game stacks up. Even if it's not for the gameplay, its novelty value is enough to make it worth keeping forever. You don't own an iDevice if you don't have the game. I highly doubt the iOS will ever have a bigger franchise.

For any other game, once a sequel is out, it's getting deleted. Ex. Real Racing 2, Galaxy on Fire 2, etc. Any game with a storyline isn't worth keeping after beating it once unless there's multiplayer, etc. Doesn't matter how good it is. Casual games get boring eventually. Doesn't matter how good those are either; they eventually get boring.

But yeah, for now, all I got down is Angry Birds. This list is a work in progress.

Twitter: @back2this

06-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Plants Vs Zombies: There is no freaking way that I will EVER delete this game. It's my favorite iOS game of ALL TIME!!!!!!!

Superbrothers: S&S: The music and experience are just so perfect.

FIFA 10: I played 5 seasons of it. There is no way I'm just going to throw it all away.

Game Dev Story: Duh!

Last edited by crex; 06-20-2011 at 05:16 PM.
06-19-2011, 05:49 PM
World of goo, infinity blade, SFIV, canabalt, wispin, 1000 Heroz for 1000 days, league of evil

I agree that the angry birds series is a premiere casual, but I have debated th others and delted and redownloaded rio. I know I will delete them eventually, but for now I still have about a third of the levels in all of them combined left to beat.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
06-19-2011, 06:51 PM
A couple groups of games would be:
- Most of the Square-Enix RPGs
- Cave's shmups
- A handful of really polished games that I find to be a lot of fun: Tilt to Live, Collision Effect, ElectroMaster.

But really, any game that I liked a lot will probably stay on my iPhone, given that I have enough space. I probably have like 20-50 games that would fit this category, but I don't think there's that much need to post a giant list. Who knows, though. In a year, my preferences might change and games that I thought were a must-keep might get removed because I don't ever see the need to play them again.

Edit: Oh yeah, Infinity Blade and Plants vs Zombies are obvious ones. Thanks for the reminder.
06-19-2011, 08:33 PM
As of now...
Tiny wings
Fruit ninja (these two are casual games done right)
Skipping stone: I'm in the credits!
There's a couple that I'd put, but they will be there for a long time, not infinitely long. Ie. 1000 heroz
I would have a giant list, but ever since I deleted my favorite game of all time on ios mc2, i don't even know. Actually, I kinda wanna redownload it...

@backtothis
---______--- angry birds....
And not dinosmash?

im back guys!
06-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
As of now...
Tiny wings
Fruit ninja (these two are casual games done right)
Skipping stone: I'm in the credits!
There's a couple that I'd put, but they will be there for a long time, not infinitely long. Ie. 1000 heroz
I would have a giant list, but ever since I deleted my favorite game of all time on ios mc2, i don't even know. Actually, I kinda wanna redownload it...

@backtothis
---______--- angry birds....
And not dinosmash?
Dinosmash is online based. It's going to die out really soon. I'm planning on deleting it by the end of summer in any case. I've put in enough hours into the game, heh.

Twitter: @back2this
06-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Pathpix.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Pathpix.
Seconding this. I might delete and reinstall PathPix and PathPix Pro the day I finally finish all of the puzzles. There's so much content, it's unreal.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
06-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
Seconding this. I might delete and reinstall PathPix and PathPix Pro the day I finally finish all of the puzzles. There's so much content, it's unreal.
That's what I did. So many puzzles you don't remember even completing them the first time. You might remember the picture at the end but that's all.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ