★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

We need your opinions-3D Magic Chess Discussion Thread

View Poll Results: 3D Magic Chess Poll
Necessary to add the mode 2 100.00%
Unnecessary to add the mode 0 0%
Wi-Fi connection works unproperly 0 0%
Wi-Fi connectin works well 0 0%
Dragon looks weird when flying 0 0%
Dragon doesn't look weird when flying 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll
06-19-2011, 10:16 PM
#1
Joined: May 2011
Location: HK, China
Posts: 67
We need your opinions-3D Magic Chess Discussion Thread

Since the first release of 3D Magic Chess (Free Version), we have received many feedbacks from AppStore and TA. Thanks for all. But with such vast opinions, we hardly identify whether some opinions are agreed by most of people. So we’d love to start a poll to decide whether we should work on these parts in the next update.

Poll 1: Whether necessary to add a mode where fancy animation is skipped? Coz sometimes people want to play serious chess.

Poll 2: Whether the Wi-Fi connection doesn’t work? One user complained of that. But we have tested that and it seemed that it’s running well.

Poll 3: Whether the dragon’s animation looks weird?

NEW:

Poll 4: speed-up mode as default or normal mode????


Poll 5: whether to turn off animation during playing?

a player said that the animated captures wore thin, (after you've seen them all three or four times, the desire to see exactly the same thing again is substantially reduced) and we were looknig for ways to turn the animations off to speed up the game. Do you agree?

We're adding the trational chess mode where animation is removed, but the mode is only available before you start the game. In the course of playing, you can't choose. Since it's really time-consuming to turn the animation off in couse of playing, so we wonder whether most of people agree. If so, we will do.





Also, if you find any bug, pls post to let us know. We will try to better the app to keep it what you like.


Free Version (universal):http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/3d-magic-chess/id436978980?mt=8&ls=1
HD Version (for iPad):http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/3d-magic-chess-hd/id440684431?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2


Last edited by Vanaple HK; 06-27-2011 at 03:58 AM.
06-20-2011, 12:54 AM
#2
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,082
Story mode? I want to see that. Or just the situation mode. Ex: 4 wrong moves you're checkmate.

06-20-2011, 09:05 AM
#3
Joined: May 2011
Location: HK, China
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by iANiMeX View Post
Story mode? I want to see that. Or just the situation mode. Ex: 4 wrong moves you're checkmate.
Story mode? Have any idea?

Back to the discussion, is it necessary to add the mode whether fancy animation is skipped.
06-21-2011, 03:10 AM
#4
Joined: May 2011
Location: HK, China
Posts: 67
No one heard of the game or have no idea about these questions???
06-22-2011, 08:55 PM
#5
Joined: May 2011
Location: HK, China
Posts: 67
Start adding the mode where fancy animation is removed.
06-23-2011, 08:20 PM
#6
Joined: May 2011
Location: HK, China
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanell Ficchi View Post
Does iphone can play this game,it looks very funny.
Yeah, it can. And it's free now.

iPhone Version (Free): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/3d-magic-chess/id436978980?mt=8&ls=1
06-24-2011, 09:00 AM
#7
Personally, I would add the mode.. you're gonna get users that just want to play chess and your graphics are very full on..

Great job with the game though!

Screen Invaders is out now! screeninvaders.com/app

Tweet us
06-27-2011, 04:02 AM
#8
Joined: May 2011
Location: HK, China
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attollos Technologies View Post
Personally, I would add the mode.. you're gonna get users that just want to play chess and your graphics are very full on..

Great job with the game though!
Thanks. We also think that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanaple HK View Post
NEW:

Poll 4: speed-up mode as default or normal mode????


Poll 5: whether to turn off animation during playing?

a player said that the animated captures wore thin, (after you've seen them all three or four times, the desire to see exactly the same thing again is substantially reduced) and we were looknig for ways to turn the animations off to speed up the game. Do you agree?

We're adding the trational chess mode where animation is removed, but the mode is only available before you start the game. In the course of playing, you can't choose. Since it's really time-consuming to turn the animation off in couse of playing, so we wonder whether most of people agree. If so, we will do.