★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "This one is a keeper in my book!"
-palmpage.com/1stImpressions

"This much gameplay is certainly worth the price. Highly recommended!"
-intouchreviews.blogspot.com

-------------------------------------

You are Rich Diamond, adventurer extraordinaire. Use your wits and cunning to maneuver through challenging puzzles, collecting precious diamonds which always seem to lie just out of reach. You have as much time as you need to plan your strategy and make your move.

Rich Diamond is a puzzle adventure game that you can play for minutes or play for hours. Whether you want a quick break in your day to help you relax, an in-depth challenge to stimulate your mind, or both, Rich Diamond has puzzles designed just for you!

Other games might hold your interest for an hour or two, or even a day or two. Not so with Rich Diamond. If you enjoy puzzles, this game provides months of puzzle solving enjoyment.

* 355 levels divided into three packs, easy, medium, and hard.

* Now with 'swipe' mode: you can set the game to use taps or swipes to move around the board.

* Background music and sound effects.

* Feel the accomplishment of solving a wide variety of puzzles.

* Quick and easy to learn.

* Replay puzzles to improve your score or achievements.

* Updates are always free.

Follow us on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/Coregames

Ravenblack's comments:

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/app/rich-diamond-lite/id312424019?mt=8

I found this thread on the dev's forum. It looks like they originally wanted 1024 levels for this game. I guess they could only come up with 300 for the release, which is still a lot. .
04-18-2009, 04:44 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Looks atrocious! But those are always the most fun. Still will pass. Thanks for the post, though.

04-18-2009, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaone View Post
Looks atrocious! But those are always the most fun. Still will pass. Thanks for the post, though.
I agree, it does look...retrobasic. I went to the dev's website, apparently the game is originally a pc game and it doesn't look like this (It looks like this for the pc version. Nothing to wow about but better looking than this here). Testing the waters probably.
04-18-2009, 04:55 AM
PC version looks pretty good. (In fact , the PC rev reminds me of that Sega Genesis game. The one with the sorcerer? Dammit, can't think of the title!) Testing the waters with something that looks this bad ain't a good idea. But who knows. Thanks for the info.
04-18-2009, 05:32 AM
I went and got it.

Solved a few puzzles and looked at a few of the more advance levels.

It's rather good. Comes with three puzzle packs - easy, medium and difficult. All puzzles are unlocked from the get-go and they are not timed. The more difficult, the more elements and obstacles.

Mainly, solving a level involves pushing objects and activating (or not activating) "traps" to get the diamonds and then move towards the exit square. That's sort of like Captured. Some puzzle levels have spider and a machine that wants to kill you, you have to find a way to get around them (sort of like Theseus).

The obstacles do seem to behave rather unpredictably at first but I guess one soon discovers how they operate. It vexed me incredibly at first how the boulders move.
04-18-2009, 05:40 AM
hmmm... I guess every app has an audience. Glad you're enjoying it.
04-20-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm glad you're enjoying the game, Ravenblack!
Rich Diamond for the PC has a very devoted following of players and we thought it might be fun to make an iPhone version of the game. Since we are a very small team, and graphics are not our specialty, the emphasis has always been on game play rather than graphics. Some people like it, some people do not. We are always open to customer feedback, however, so let me know if you have any other comments.

We have plans to make more games for the iPhone in the future. For example, we are currently working on a word puzzle game.
04-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanJ View Post
Since we are a very small team, and graphics are not our specialty, the emphasis has always been on game play rather than graphics.
Is there a chance you will update the graphics to look more like the PC version? Will you have a lite version?
04-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Yes, the lite version is currently in review. We are hoping it will be up today!

With our PC version being 2 1/2d graphics, we worried that having levels with those graphics would make them too small on the screen of the iPhone, so we redid the graphics as a top down view. I personally agree, it does not look as nice as the PC version. One thing we are considering is having an update with the PC graphics, and the ability to switch between to the two styles of graphics. Then people would be able to play with either the above view or the classic view.
04-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Will look for the lite.. great idea to give people the option. Have you seen imprisoned? It looks a bit like the PC version.
http://www.apptism.com/apps/imprisoned