★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
View Poll Results: What do you think of TurtleFlip?
Great game 2 40.00%
Good game 2 40.00%
Avarage game 0 0%
Not so good game 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Publisher: Zsolt Nagy
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.0 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Learn to flip and match the different turtles to rescue them on their way to the open waters. Match different colors and perform multi-combo moves to remove more turtles and receive higher scores. Its a brain-twisting, mind boggling puzzle challenge to the max. The turtles need you!

Fun frenzy flipping features

Instant addictive gameplay. just tap the screen to flip or slide the turtles. Easy to pick up, hard to leave of.

Colorful and appealing graphics, discover and learn to love and adore the turtles with their cute animations and sounds.

Over 40 different mind-wrenching stages with different and unique environments.

Multi-combo system, the better you play the more turtles and more score you receive.

Eric's comments:
Have any of you guys tried TurtleFlip? It has a unique game play so if you are looking for something new try it out, It is now only $2.99

Go to www.turtleflip.com

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294545789&mt=8

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up
11-06-2008, 05:31 AM
Eric are you the developer?

I tried Turtle Flip Lite when it first came out but could not work out the logic of the puzzle. Hence play was frustrating. I looked on-line for some instructions that explained the game play and could not find any. I then sent an email to the developer. They thanked me for my interest in the game but did not expand on the gameplay instructions.

11-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Tried the lite version a couple of days ago. Cute graphics, but I did not understand what to do and deleted it.

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
11-06-2008, 07:46 AM
I have just downloaded the lite version to see what all the fuss is about, and found the in-game help screens more than satisfactory in telling me how to play the game. basically on the turtles with arrows above them can move to the blank space next to them, and can either hop over on their back, walk over if they are on their front, or flip over to either. If two are on their front and stand next to each other, they walk off/get removed from the play area. So you have to think ahead as to when to just move a turtle or flip them on their legs so they can be removed.
It's quite a good game, and should appeal to those into this kind of thing. It's not normally something I would go for, but that's just me. I am sure there are people out there who will like this, so long as they read the help screens first.
Are you the developer Eric?
11-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I already read the help screens

I already read the help screens. I admit that I am not the smartest person around, but even after reading the instructions I still could not figure out what to do beyond the basics. And I do play and enjoy other puzzle games (pathways, theseus & minotaur, cubicman deluxe, subway shuffle, square master, etc).

Specifically I wanted to know how it is determined WHICH turtles can have the arrows next to them to allow them to be moved. This will help me think out my moves in the game and avoid the problems I had in a level where one group of turtles had arrows but no matter how I moved them they did not all group together on their feet. And at the same time there was a larger group of turtles on the other side of the screen who had no arrows next to them and so no matter what I did I could not move them at all. No arrows appeared to allow me to move them.

Maybe I missed something really obvious in the instructions and will have a 'duhh' moment when it is explained to me!
11-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Flipping turtles sounds like fun! Anyone got a link to the lite version? I'm too lazy to click search...
11-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Sorry, don't know how to post links to the iTunes apps

They are cute... their legs wiggle around and if you flip too many times their eyes go all crazy and they look dizzy...
11-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Hi all,

Im one of the developers of the game and just want to give you the game rules.

The rules are quite easy.

1. This is a board game. There are 1 or more empty squares on the board. An empty square is the one marked with a gray square.
2. There are turtles on the board and they can only moved by sliding or flipping them to the empty squares. In such of an action the square holding the turtle becomes empty after the action.
3. All other space not holding an empty square or a turtle is not part of the board it is just a background.
4. Remove all turtles by removing them in pairs or by 3 or 4 at a time. The turtles disappear if they are neighbors, same colored and on their feet.
5. You cant move turtles that are not neighbours with an empty(gray) square.

Hope this helps, check also out the Facebook group on http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27617658529

Or the play video on YouTube

The new versions (1.2) of both TurtleFlip & TurtleFlipLite fixes some serious bug regarding the iPhone API function UIImageView. That is if this game crashed on your device earlier will not do so now.

Any ideas/improvements or just want to chat than join us on Facebook or drop us a mail to info@turtleflip.com

We are also constantly improving the game so if you want to try it out go to www.turtleflip.com and from there you have direct links to AppStore.

11-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Great game still those instructions made me scratching my head. I can easily see where one downloads lite version and tosses it from frusration as I almost did. Definitely add a simple interactive tutorial. This is how I'd write the gameplay instructions:

- Clear puzzle by matching turtles with their shells in the upright position by forming a group of 2, 3 or 4.

- Click on turtle to move into gray empty space. Arrows simply show move possibilities.

- Double click on turtle to flip from lying on its back to shells upright position (or vice versa) which also moves turtle into gray empty space.

- Next empty gray space is whichever space previous turtle moved from.

Haven't bought full version yet but now am tempted. Depending on how hard and long these puzzles get a undo button might be needed rather than having to restart level each time.

edit: yes definitely needs an undo option.

Last edited by mrbass; 11-08-2008 at 03:16 PM.
11-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I would of downloaded it if you would of noted you were a developer when you first decided to spam your game.