★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Mobile Chess Problems 123 - Lite" is the FREE version of "Mobile Chess Problems 123".
This FREE version has a total of 45 quality chess puzzles made up of 30 puzzles covering checkmate in 1, checkmate in 2 and checkmate in 3 as well as 4 common checkmate pattern categories each with an example and 2 puzzles.

The PAID version has almost 450 puzzles (with more puzzles to be added in regular updates) covering checkmate in 1, checkmate in 2 and checkmate in 3 as well as 12 common checkmate pattern categories each with their own puzzles. All of this in ONE APP!

Test your chess skills with these challenging problems/puzzles, which are as far as possible not compositions but actual positions you would encounter when playing.

REMEMBER: Solving chess problems/puzzles is an excellent way to improve your chess tactics.

IMPROVE YOUR PUZZLE SOLVING ABILITY: This app, using its innovative checkmate pattern categories, will improve your ability to solve chess problems/puzzles.

Quotes from paid version clients:

"Finally found a genuinely useful chess tool: my commutes have become a lot less tedious with this app. Hope to improve my standard of play significantly from my casual level. Already yielding rewards in closing games out this evening." - by arazi92

"I was looking for something that would help me learn how to play better - so far, it's helping and I'm learning." - by Pritesh3k

"If you are serious about improving your chess, you need to own this app!" - by Al.

APBCPT's comments:
Hi All,

Just to let you know for those of you that like to "try before you buy", the Free version of "Mobile Chess Problems 123" is now available on the app store.

You can access it at:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobile-chess-problems-123/id444272108?mt=8

It is a fully functional app and has support for English, French, Dutch, German, Spanish, Ukranian and Russian.

It has 45 puzzles in total (including 7 examples) compared to the almost 450 puzzles of the paid version. It also only has 4 "checkmate pattern" categories compared to the 12 in the paid version.

Thanks!
06-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Just to mention that 80%+ of the puzzles are unique to the free version so you will not get them all repeated if you decided to buy the full version!!
06-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Nice! I downloaded it and it looks good! Nice easy to use interface.
I am looking forward to future developments.