★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SQUARE ENIX INC
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 469.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Back in time to Victorian England and help Detective Cuff solve the mystery of the missing Moonstone diamond! With numerous suspects that need questioning and crime scenes that need investigating, only you can stop the thief from getting away with the ancient diamond.

Explore multiple rooms and find the hidden clues as you narrow down your suspect list in this classic adventure, puzzle game.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=98058
06-21-2011, 05:58 AM
This is totally unexpected from Squeenix. I shall risk post padding and say instant buy! Hope this means they will port The Cherry Blossom Murders to iOS too.

06-21-2011, 06:09 AM
what is this?
06-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
This is totally unexpected from Squeenix. I shall risk post padding and say instant buy! Hope this means they will port The Cherry Blossom Murders to iOS too.

Yeah, do it. It's a masterpiece.

Hey, I also read the novel "The Cherry Blossom Murders". Really cool.

And don't forget "Woman in White". Great for a port and another game in the victorian series.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
06-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
what is this?

A Hidden Objects game, sub-genre: detective / mystery.

In such games, the player must locate various objects which are hidden in a cluttered scene. Once each of the objects has been located, the player is allowed to progress to the next stage of the game. This may sound simple, but often there are many, many objects, with some being particularly small and difficult to pick out. Hidden object games definitely challenge the ability of a player to analyze, differentiate, and identify.
Today it is common that various puzzle elements are added (as mini games).

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
06-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
A Hidden Objects game, sub-genre: detective / mystery.

In such games, the player must locate various objects which are hidden in a cluttered scene. Once each of the objects has been located, the player is allowed to progress to the next stage of the game. This may sound simple, but often there are many, many objects, with some being particularly small and difficult to pick out. Hidden object games definitely challenge the ability of a player to analyze, differentiate, and identify.
Today it is common that various puzzle elements are added (as mini games).
Hey I am a HO gamer!!! I was just confused by teh description as if it is a classical HO or a detective game
06-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Odd.. from Square Enix.... and only $2.99
Instant Buy tonight
06-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
Hey I am a HO gamer!!! I was just confused by teh description as if it is a classical HO or a detective game

I know, I saw you in other threads.
But I couldn't resist... it was just too tempting...

06-21-2011, 10:49 AM
I have a bunch of the HOGs from mostly Big Fish - who I think has the best ones. Anyone seen or played this genre from Squeenix? I'll probably get it based on their overall reputation, but I didnt know they even did this genre.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I have a bunch of the HOGs from mostly Big Fish - who I think has the best ones. Anyone seen or played this genre from Squeenix? I'll probably get it based on their overall reputation, but I didnt know they even did this genre.
In my opinion, Big fish games has the best HOGs for iOS (Awakenings, Flux Family, Empress of the Deep).
This one is originally called "Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone" By Freeze Tag, I played it on Mac a year ago, it's a good one, with nice music and interesting story but unfortunately doesn't bring anything new to the genre.

Free trial:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download...one/index.html
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download...one/index.html