★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gold & Chocolate - Free

06-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Gold & Chocolate - Free

Sort of a memory game where light streaks slowly pace across the screen as relaxing music plays to reveal animals that are evil. Remember which animals are the monsters as they swirl together across the screen and tap to dispose of the baddies before slowing rolling into the next scene.

Last edited by undeadcow; 06-22-2011 at 12:17 AM.
06-22-2011, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. Will check it out.

řƹȡ1

06-22-2011, 11:38 AM
This is an absolutely gorgeous game; incredible aesthetic, the dual tone graphics really suit it. The music is the ideal soft, gentle ambience, and even the sound effects are cute without going overboard. Not to impugn on the gameplay, but presentation is very much the focus here, and the game nails it.

In terms of the actual style of play, all you're really playing is an elaborately styled shell game, but the game looks so good that it wasn't until after I'd stopped playing and sat contemplating that I realized it. You get two chances at picking out the wrong bugs before the game ends, but your health does recover if you continue to judge correctly. You can also quit the game and return where you left off, absolutely essential for a slow-paced puzzler like this one.

How much enjoyment you'll take from the game does depend somewhat on your interest in the admittedly simplistic and repetitive style of play, but if you're content with that, it's a surprisingly relaxing experience, and, in its own way, one of the best looking games on the iPhone. Even if you do like it, you may only want to play it once in a while, but it's definitely worth at least a try to see if it's to your taste.

If there's one thing I'd like to see, it's an option to have the comets fly by with a tap instead of a tilt. The tilt may be more "elegant", but ironically, there are issues with both accidentally triggering a tilt and having the game fail to register tilts. It's also a minor annoyance to have to keep tilting the iPhone on every stage in a game that is otherwise entirely touch-based.
06-22-2011, 12:10 PM
heard about this game some time ago but never understand the mechanism...time to play it finally!

I love this world!
06-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Everybody needs to download this. Some of the best art ever for an idevice game.
06-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Amazing art concept and music! Really interesting even tho the game is not that good IMO.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
06-24-2011, 04:26 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Nullroar
This game is up there with Kometen for me.

Absolutely gorgeous and hypnotic title.

At the price of "free," it's irresistible.

I've placed geocached DRM-free USB copies of my newest game in various locations throughout Europe and Southeastern US. Email me if you find 'em for the free "explorer" cape.
06-24-2011, 05:35 AM
Beautiful looking and a nice idea, but the problem with art games is that they're invariably created by people who know stuff about art and nothing about games. Present this at a real gaming studio and you'd be chased from the building with sticks for the painfully slow speed. The game would lose nothing at all from running twice as fast.
06-24-2011, 06:20 AM
This is one of those games that is really nice to look at but is zero fun to play. I ended up exiting the game in mid gameplay and deleting it because I was so bored with it. It's a shame because I really wanted to like it.

*signature for rent*
06-24-2011, 06:35 AM
There are enough opportunities in life where you want to kill some time but can't afford giving full attention to an action game. This is an ideal, elegant and attractive casual game without any time pressure or achievement mania. You can even have it running as a very good looking screensaver with some audio. There should be more of such games instead of PvsZ or Brick Breaker clone #1,234.

Thanks for the freebie! Love the soothing ambient sounds.

(Agree with tA user Vague Rant on the tilt topic—at the latest when the app should become universal.)

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)