Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-20-2014, 06:24 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default [Soft Launch] Peggle (by Electronic Arts)

Quote:
NZ Release info:

The Game is out in New Zealand. Size of the app is 31.9 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Shoot to clear all the orange pegs from 45 sparkling levels in this mobile-friendly version of one of the world’s finest puzzle games. Learn from Peggle Masters and use their awesome magical powers to score big in this magical ball-and-peg puzzle adventure. Rack up bonus points and hit style shots that will make you smile for weeks.
This app offers in-app purchases. You may disable in-app purchasing using your device settings. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213 for more info.

MASTER MAGIC POWERS
Hone your skills with the help of 3 Peggle Masters and learn their magical tricks.

SMILE-INDUCING TENSION
Aim for fun with every high stakes shot and mighty near miss!

ACTION ON MANY LEVELS
Immerse yourself while playing through thrilling and fantastic Master-themed worlds, with 15 levels per Master.

SIMPLE CONTROLS
Enjoy mobile puzzling at its finest with easy-to-use controls and challenging puzzle solving.

BOSS BATTLES
Take on mischievous Evil Bosses at the end of every world to put your Peggle skills to the test.

MIGHTY FUN MECHANICS
The action never gets stale thanks to gooped pegs, gem drops, flaming pits, time bombs, the awesome cannon catcher, and rainbows. Lots and lots of rainbows!

***EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Important Consumer Information: This App: Contains advertisements for EA and its partners; collects data through third party analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details); EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates; contains direct links to social networking sites intended for an audience over 13; contains direct links to the Internet.

©2014 Electronic Arts Inc. Peggle and PopCap are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc.

iPhone Screenshots:

Old 05-20-2014, 06:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Not really sure what's going on with this. Looks a bit like Peggle mixed with Candy Crush style levels. I bet the forums will take this very well
Old 05-20-2014, 06:48 AM

Two Peggle Games in one Week? Let`s see if this one is better then what SEGA came up with
Old 05-20-2014, 07:47 AM

Picking this up now, great find Pete! I'm not sure what the difference between this and Peggle by Pop Cap is but I'll know soon..
Old 05-20-2014, 07:52 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Picking this up now, great find Pete! I'm not sure what the difference between this and Peggle by Pop Cap is but I'll know soon..
I don't want to make any promises but the lands featured in the last screenshot are very very similiar to the ones used in Peggle 2 which I had so much fun playing through. It's obviously going to be EA-ified with timers and boosts but I have such a soft spot for Peggle that I don't think I'll mind! It would be amazing to get some of the sequel's content in this.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:59 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Is this related to Peggle 2? When is Peggle 2 coming to Ios? Why is this game free ? Does this mean Peggle 2 won't be coming to Ios and this is its replacement?

Oh and why/how is this also called Peggle?
Old 05-20-2014, 08:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
Is this related to Peggle 2? When is Peggle 2 coming to Ios? Why is this game free ? Does this mean Peggle 2 won't be coming to Ios and this is its replacement?

Say Peggle again, I dare you! I double dare you!

OT: Couldn't find anything at all about Peggle 2 iOS, hopefully someone smarter can help
Old 05-20-2014, 08:16 AM

Default Game Impressions

Quote:
Is this related to Peggle 2?
No not at all.

Quote:
Why is this game free ?
This seem to be a newer Build of the Facebook Version of Peggle.

Quote:
When is Peggle 2 coming to Ios?
Quote:
Does this mean Peggle 2 won't be coming to Ios and this is its replacement?

PopCap/Electronic Arts had an exlusive deal for the Xbox for Peggle 2 to launch first on it and afterwards on other Systems. I can`t remember the exact timeframe for how long it would be exlusive but my guess would be that Peggle 2 will launch later this Year for almost every other Plattform as soon as the Contract with Microsoft will run out.

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-20-2014 at 08:21 AM..
Old 05-20-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:

That's a good question. This game is inferior to the existing Peggle game already available by Pop Cap Games, IMO. The graphics are really blurry on my 5S. There are almost no features, no GC, it's just a cheap version of the game. There are some different "mini-objectives", but this doesn't make any sense as to why Pop Cap gave the rights to Peggle to EA unless they plan to pull the original game from the store, which would be ridiculous since it's been a cash cow for them from the day it was released on iOS and still to this day it's continuously on the top charts.

What the hell is going on?
Old 05-20-2014, 08:35 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I've got to say, I'm really quite happy with this so far. I was very hesitant given my love for series and my wariness of EA but it feels so very Peggly.

It's definitely a game that has to be played with the sound on; from the euphoric Ode to Joy to the rise in tone the balls make on a great shot. The presentation if nearly perfect minus the slightly fuzzy main characters during "cutscenes" and the phoenix eggs lacking a statisfying sound effect.

Peggle experts may have just noticed that phoenix eggs means nothing to them. This is where the game is excelling for me: it's not just more Peggle, which would be absolutely fine, but they haven't taken the lazy option in this. By the fourth level you have special balls that have to be hit three times to win without destroying the pegs they rest on else they fall to an immediate game over. Then there are diamonds that sit on the field like the balls you fire, that react physically to shots fired and supports destroyed that need to get to the bottom bucket.

There's even more that has been added but some of the enjoyment is always in discovery. But there's definitely a reason to play for people that are Peggled out and it's introduced carefully and cleverly for Peggle-virgins. Aside from the expected IAPs for boosts that either reset your last shot or give an explosive ball that is one step away from being an instant win. There are also lives that take half an hour each to refill which is rather harsh but when balanced with the fact that they only diminish when you fail a level, the fun isn't restricted too heavily.

There are 44 levels in all, some of which have more than one screen to them and you're ranked against friends. With clear indications on the map screen that they intend to add more levels in the future, it becomes very hard not to recommend picking it up.