Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-28-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeenmachine View Post
Did this start once your tower was a certain height or has it done that since the beginning?
I'm at level 26 right now but it's happened since I installed. At first I thought it was a choppy mp3, but it's regardless of me playing from my music library, streaming radio, etc.

I rebooted the phone and opened up only Tiny Tower and my ipod, still skips.

iphone 4, 4.3.3, jailbroken but I don't have winterboard or any memory hogging nonsense.

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:30 PM

I've found an annoying bug:

If you have a Bitizen move in, and you tap the ok button too fast, he will disappear. I did it twice by accident, and one time intentionally to test it. So just be careful you don't tap too fast!

And I just hit 51 Dream Jobs...but of course my Bitizens still find something to complain about in Bitbook~
Old 06-28-2011, 04:36 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

hey add me on gamecenter, SuperMexican
Old 06-28-2011, 04:55 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doffie View Post
Since I absolutely hate seeing a construction worker VIP go to waste, I am trying to always have at least one floor under construction. Probably others are doing the same.
Yup, only I go one step further and try to get another floor going as soon as the currently building one is less then 3 hours from completion. That way I can always get the full benefit of the construction VIP.

----

On another topic, if Nimblebit is taking suggestions for future tweaks, I'd like to either have the coin counting sound effect reduced substantially in volume or have an option to mute it altogether. In general, the sound effects are well done and functional (the plate clinking for food businesses is a bit jarring, but I've largely gotten used to it). Got the ding for someone wanting to take an elevator ride and the chime for a product ready, but that money counting... chink, chink, chink, chink, chink (^infinity). It serves no purpose and is there any time I want to listen to something and letting the game play.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:09 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by teme View Post
I don't like freemium titles. However, I gave Tiny Tower a chance, and it was really nice and promising. However, after 15 floors it's beginning to show many of the typical freemium annoyances.
Same here, except I HATE them (farmville, glu's recent releases etc)
Same here, except I'm absolutely ADDICTED to this game
Typical 'features', will ya? You should not expect to be occupied by the game for every minute of play. If you find the game to be too slow or have lack of gameplay, wait until you get a taller tower and have more things to manage.
Quote:
On another topic, if Nimblebit is taking suggestions for future tweaks, I'd like to either have the coin counting sound effect reduced substantially in volume or have an option to mute it altogether. In general, the sound effects are well done and functional (the plate clinking for food businesses is a bit jarring, but I've largely gotten used to it).
Em, I want to disagree with you on everything here... I wish Nimblebit could increase the amount of coin counting effects. ATM they sound quite boring because the sound effect plays at a set interval and give no real sense of cash flow.
In general, imo, the other sound effects could be muted. I dislike the sound of opening the floor information panels. Elevator sound is alright but its something I'd rather not have.

Last edited by gunxsword; 06-28-2011 at 05:21 PM..
Old 06-28-2011, 05:34 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Game still crashes instantly for me after the update. I tried a hard reset of my iPod with no luck. Running on iOS 3.1.3.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc84 View Post
Game still crashes instantly for me after the update. I tried a hard reset of my iPod with no luck. Running on iOS 3.1.3.
I think I finally figured it out, should be fixed in the next update sorry!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:57 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by teme View Post
I don't like freemium titles. However, I gave Tiny Tower a chance, and it was really nice and promising. However, after 15 floors it's beginning to show many of the typical freemium annoyances.
I don't buy it. The further you get in Tiny Tower, the less effect IAP has on your game. It's only at the beginning you need the cash injection so if you're sitting at 15 floors, why are the annoyances only "beginning" to appear? You should be raking in enough cash and gathering enough bux to keep yourself going, all the while keeping busy with ordering stock, sorting out dream jobs, colour schemes, etc.

If Tiny Tower's gameplay was a boulder rolling down a hill, IAP would be the lever that sets it in motion.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:59 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Oh, and I say keep the sounds. With all the feedback you're getting the only way to keep everybody happy would be to set a toggle for every sound in the game. Spend your time working on something more fun instead
Old 06-28-2011, 06:13 PM

I'd like an elevator upgrade for better brakes!