Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dense View Post
My hints for getting started quickly, save 50 bux for the 100,000 coins. That would let you go crazy on expansion.
I was tempted to get the elevator upgrades first, since they appear to be the only thing that can only be bought with bux. Bad idea?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm so glad we can move floors around. That's the kind of thing that would have driven me crazy with OCD-like behaviour. Changing the bitizens' clothing and painting floors is just the icing on the cake.

Also, I visited Boardumb's tower and there's a guy who looks just like him living there. Made me laugh. Intentional?

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 06-23-2011 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: removed deleted post quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:46 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Default where's the love?

I think a lot of folks around here need a big ol' hug

Its 10:45pm Eastern here in Australia and i'm still not seeing any Tiny Tower action. This is making me sad.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:57 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

This is my most anticipated launch this week. Played the bejesus out of Pocket Frogs but did hit a wall where the only thing left to do was the muti-thousand different frog achievements and the weeklies so it's been a while. Really hoping they've taken what they've learned from PF and improved even more.

As for the, um, issues arsing from the general mechanic of waiting, that's kind of the point. These aren't so much games you beat, they're electronic houseplants with optional fertilizer for those who want to see some flowers faster.

Not every game needs to follow the same play style conventions, Bug Heroes and Dungeon Raid can coexist just fine and so can't Tiny Towers.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
...but any impressions? Or is this just going to be an IAP Fight?
I've been trying to inject some impressions throughout the topic, as well as sticking up for the only developer to do IAP correctly. Let's just get this straight... I have never bought consumable IAP, ever. I've downloaded trials and unlocked full versions, but that's it. I've never paid to play a freemium game, yet I still got hours of entertainment from Pocket Frogs, and Tiny Tower looks even more promising than that after 30 minutes or so of play.

So yeah... I'm lovin' it. I actually like that progress is kinda slow in the beginning, it gives me a good feeling knowing there's still so much more lying in wait. I've got 4 floors and the 5th is just out of my reach, price-wise.

The graphics are awesome, obviously... possibly slightly blurry as some games are on retina when upscaled... I'm gonna be on eeenmachine's back about that later on.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:17 AM

Just downloaded the game and I'm loving it! The wait time is just right. So far i think it has much less wait time than farm-ville or something.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:48 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

How are folks playing this already?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:53 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebwoy View Post
How are folks playing this already?
We have new Zealand accounts, so can play free games before they come out in the UK. Can't purchase IAP unTill midnight tho.

Or have a NZ iTunes card.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:54 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Ohhhh okay mate, cheers
Old 06-22-2011, 08:58 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Oh this looks like fun. I am truly interested in this one. I gotta say, I never actually downloaded pocket frogs because it seemed really simple. I will definitely get this one tonight, but I think I might give PF a download right now. I am interested to see all the things you can do in this. Seems to have a hell of a lot of variety. I am be way out on the limb here, but would it be similar to Game Dev Story in gameplay style? Never have gotten into the management apps before, but this seems like the one to do it.