Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-13-2012, 01:14 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bohn View Post
Last night, I received a message that said I found three tower bucks under a cushion. Has anyone else have this happen?
Happened last night to me as well, hmm...
Old 01-13-2012, 01:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I also got the free 3 Tower Bux message. I also got 3 potions in Pocket Frogs with a similar message, on the same night. It must be something they activate from time to time.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:33 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
From the looks of things, they could just add another 5000 floors and you guys would be happy for another couple years.
Not I. I'm looking forward to "finishing" things. I won't mind if they trickle out some genuinely cool new floors here and there, but unless there's some sort of genuine change up they feel they can add to the game without destroying the elegant simplicity of the core lightweight builder, I don't see the point in pouring too much "content" into the game: The more floors, the more jobs, the harder it gets for all players, but especially newer players, to find dream jobbers and get those stocking bonuses that make running the tower less tedious. Those who have finished, or are even able to see the finish, are such a tiny minority of those who have downloaded and played this game that it's not an audience niche worth pandering to at the cost of the playability of the game for the rest of the world. There are over 3.1 million players just on Game Center who have downloaded Tiny Tower, yet after 7 months of it being out, there's only about 100 thousand who have even cracked 100 floors, and only about 36,000 who have actually exhausted the current floors.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:37 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bohn View Post
Last night, I received a message that said I found three tower bucks under a cushion. Has anyone else have this happen?
Found it last night aswell
Old 01-14-2012, 12:02 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default Convert coins to TB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
... only about 36,000 who have actually exhausted the current floors.
I'm one of those 36,000 and am finding I'm accumulating a huge amount of coins which are pretty much useless (I have around 172 million - and if they release 8 more floors it will only cost 30 million to construct them all). I've also accumulated a lot of Tower Bux, but can keep using them to upgrade floors - I have 30 floors with 4 hour stocking time for level 1 products, and it will take a LOT more TB (around 7000) to upgrade all my floors to that level.

What would be really useful is if there was a way to convert coins to TB, similar to how the Bank allows TB to be converted to coins.

Just noticed from this request on Nimblebit's getsatisfaction forum - http://getsatisfaction.com/nimblebit..._coins_for_bux - that they don't want to do this, so have suggested an upgraded Bank as an inapp purchase which would allow converting coins to bux.

Last edited by sdo62; 01-14-2012 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: Added last sentence
Old 01-14-2012, 12:52 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Send a message via AIM to russiaone

I'm up to 72 million coins. Never thought I'd have that much. I really hope they update this again. I wouldn't mind a prison, a dance studio, and a zoo.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:12 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdo62 View Post
I'm one of those 36,000 and am finding I'm accumulating a huge amount of coins which are pretty much useless...
And? Is it so disturbing that a freemium builder has an "end"? I don't care what the freemium builder ever was, if you look at the forums there are always a vocal presence of max leveled players whining how they rushed all the way to the end of the Lego pieces in the box and now they have nothing to do. Well, no crap. That's what the end of the game means. You built everything, so delete it or not and go on your way. The only games that don't have as big of a problem with this are the ones where the devs keep monetizing the end game (i.e. FarmVille), and then you just get forums filled with people whining how slow levelling/building is after X point unless you pour money into the game.

These games are gerbil wheels, they go no where. Enjoy the run and get off when you get tired; there is no pot of gold for you at the end
Old 01-14-2012, 05:53 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Thanks russiaone and sdo62, I've been wondering what would happen when I built the maximum number of floors. Maybe Nimblebit will go FarmVille and have us pay real bucks for extra floors?

Last edited by Dr. Bohn; 01-15-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Old 01-14-2012, 06:25 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaone View Post
I'm up to 72 million coins. Never thought I'd have that much. I really hope they update this again. I wouldn't mind a prison, a dance studio, and a zoo.
I've also been thinking of new floors I'd like to see in the future:
  • Sporting goods store
  • Pet Shop
  • Pawn Shop
  • Farmer's Market
  • Antique Store
  • Aquatic Center (swimming)
  • Psychologist
Old 01-15-2012, 10:28 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn View Post
I haven't. What kind of couches do you have in your tower!?! You want to gift me some of them?
The cushions came with some of the apartments. I don't even know how the tower bucks fit under the cushions - they're much larger.