Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-22-2011, 08:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Word of warning!

I used my NZ account to get this, and I plan to re-download it from the UK store come midnight. Obviously I want to keep my progress, so I deleted the app and reinstalled it to see if it'd resume where it left off... it did. Then I got a popup informing me that an existing save had been found on the server, asking if I want to use that one. I accepted and the save it loaded was about an hour old and only had half the number of floors.

So... if you're planning to do the same as me and the game appears to be up to date, I suggest turning down the offer to reload your previous save when notified.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:02 AM

Just constructed my 12th level. Getting 50 bux was a total grind fest, but once I had 100,000 coins I could go on a crazy rampage. Lift upgrade is going be mandatory because as the tower gets taller moving people around takes so much longer.

The lift element is far worse than the pond in Pocket Frogs. You also can't totally avoid it because to populate the apartments you need to move people to that floor. The floor choice of the citizens is also random so as the tower gets taller its going to take a lot of grinding to get them to fill up the apartments.

I think like pocket frogs, the gamers goal will be to get the achievements. That's where the main challenge is other than building the tallest tower.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:03 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
Oh this looks like fun. I am truly interested in this one. I gotta say, I never actually downloaded pocket frogs because it seemed really simple. I will definitely get this one tonight, but I think I might give PF a download right now. I am interested to see all the things you can do in this. Seems to have a hell of a lot of variety. I am be way out on the limb here, but would it be similar to Game Dev Story in gameplay style? Never have gotten into the management apps before, but this seems like the one to do it.
Pocket Frogs is great, but as with this game it's not something you can rush. Also you really need to have a few friends playing (all of these people for example) because trading is a somewhat core aspect of the collection mechanic. It's possible to get all of the achievements without trading, it's just going to take a lot longer.

The general idea of Nimblebit freemium games is you play for 5 minutes at a time throughout the day. Like a virtual pet. Just stay patient and you won't need to spend any money.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:05 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Word of warning!

I used my NZ account to get this, and I plan to re-download it from the UK store come midnight. Obviously I want to keep my progress, so I deleted the app and reinstalled it to see if it'd resume where it left off... it did. Then I got a popup informing me that an existing save had been found on the server, asking if I want to use that one. I accepted and the save it loaded was about an hour old and only had half the number of floors.

So... if you're planning to do the same as me and the game appears to be up to date, I suggest turning down the offer to reload your previous save when notified.
Thanks for the tip
Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Pocket Frogs is great, but as with this game it's not something you can rush. Also you really need to have a few friends playing (all of these people for example) because trading is a somewhat core aspect of the collection mechanic. It's possible to get all of the achievements without trading, it's just going to take a lot longer.

The general idea of Nimblebit freemium games is you play for 5 minutes at a time throughout the day. Like a virtual pet. Just stay patient and you won't need to spend any money.
Yeah I figured it is something like that. That's why I never got into it, but also why its something I want to get into now. I will give them both a try, but as I don't care to ask my ten friends who play games with iphones about virtual frogs, I will probably be keeping this one.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Just noticed my post about the crashing issue got moved along with the garbage posts, so I'm gonna paste it here:

I'm also getting crashes. Immediately after install the game would instantly quit back to springboard the second it opened. After rebooting my device I managed to make it through the tutorial, but upon exiting and going back to the game I get the same bug as the other guy in here. "You've earned X coins while you were gone" followed by the game quitting to springboard.

BUT... being connected to WiFi (online in general) seems to solve the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dense View Post
Just constructed my 12th level. Getting 50 bux was a total grind fest, but once I had 100,000 coins I could go on a crazy rampage. Lift upgrade is going be mandatory because as the tower gets taller moving people around takes so much longer.

The lift element is far worse than the pond in Pocket Frogs. You also can't totally avoid it because to populate the apartments you need to move people to that floor. The floor choice of the citizens is also random so as the tower gets taller its going to take a lot of grinding to get them to fill up the apartments.

I think like pocket frogs, the gamers goal will be to get the achievements. That's where the main challenge is other than building the tallest tower.
12th?! How long have you been playing?!

As for the appartment population thing... couldn't you pay 1 bux and move the appartment down to the bottom?

Last edited by MidianGTX; 06-22-2011 at 09:31 AM..
Old 06-22-2011, 09:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine

Quote:
Just noticed my post about the crashing issue got moved along with the garbage posts, so I'm gonna paste it here:

I'm also getting crashes. Immediately after install the game would instantly quit back to springboard the second it opened. After rebooting my device I managed to make it through the tutorial, but upon exiting and going back to the game I get the same bug as the other guy in here. "You've earned X coins while you were gone" followed by the game quitting to springboard.

BUT... being connected to WiFi (online in general) seems to solve the problem.

12th?! How long have you been playing?!

As for the appartment population thing... couldn't you pay 1 bux and move the appartment down to the bottom?
Are you playing on your iPod touch?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:50 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Seriously, that's the kind of game I wish never been a freemium game. I'd spend easily 5 bucks on this one and get all the content right away, than getting a slow paced version with IAP
Old 06-22-2011, 09:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeenmachine View Post
Are you playing on your iPod touch?
I sure am. 4th gen, latest update.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:26 AM

Haha got two VIPs that reduce your restock time in a row and couldn't use either!