Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Finally put all 40 of my businesses to three stars. Now, to expand!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
Here is my strategy to maximize your sales per minute, and keep in mind the strategy only works depending on how much you check into Tiny Tower to restock your shelves. I play a lot, maybe check into the app every 3-4 hours on my iphone so this strategy works best for me. Also keep in mind I have a full tower, with all stores employed with lvl 9 bitizens in their respected dream jobs.

Every morning I buy the most expensive item from all of my shops. Always get the 3rd item, or get the 2nd one if available. If the 1st item takes a long time (3 or 4 hours +), then I'll get it too. But I won't buy any of the first items throughout the day because they only bring in $1 per customer, where as you want $3 per customer as they come in. You only get the $2 item because when the $3 item is all sold out, you want something to be active and being sold at all times in every one of your stores. So throughout the day, my whole tower is selling at 2 or $3 per customer. I find this maximizes my sales per minute to around 1800, sometimes even topping 1900 on my full tower.

Now before I go to sleep, I'll stock my $1 items because that's usually when the 2 or $3 items go empty is when I'm sleeping and won't restock until morning time. Remember, you always want to make sure there is something being sold, most preferably the $3 item. I find that the rate at which bitizens come in are at a constant rate in proportion to the number of floors you have. So that means a store stocked with only the $3 item will sell more per minute than a store that has all three items stocked. The only thing is that when the $3 item is sold out, you are not making any money during that time, and it takes the longest to restock and then you lose money if there's nothing stocked in that store. It takes a little time management and mathematical reasoning to understand this strategy to maximize the sales per minute, but that only shows how intelligent this game is designed.
Quote:
I make exactly the same strategy and I think this is the best way to make more money.
Eh, if this were an actual game I might care about having a strategy. But it's not; it's a fun little diversion with no winning or losing, and the only payout being that you get coins a little faster. If anything I'd rather take longer to make coins, because I don't want to run out of business/residentials to build.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:03 PM
iPhone 4S, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ramen View Post
Eh, if this were an actual game I might care about having a strategy. But it's not; it's a fun little diversion with no winning or losing, and the only payout being that you get coins a little faster. If anything I'd rather take longer to make coins, because I don't want to run out of business/residentials to build.
Tend to agree that it's more a diversion than a "gamer's" game which requires considerable strategy (i.e. Pocket Planes). It's whimsical, clever, colorful, & just relaxing fun although I do acknowledge that one can take it very seriously & progress more rapidly by spending more time playing.

I should also mention that the downside of the proposed strategy of only stocking 2 & 3 coin items is one never gets *random* bux for fully stocking a store. Bux pay for elevator upgrades & can be exchanged for coins (50 bux gets 100,000 coins!). And, in the end, bux are handy for customizing tenants & painting as well as moving/grouping or updating floors. The greatest value for me is for replacing a low value tenant with a higher value or DJer one.

Coins, while absolutely critical in the early stages of the game, gradually lose their value over time. If one has all floors built, their sole value is in for saving up for the next update.

Grateful for the upgrade but wish NB would reinstate Missions.

My 2 coins
Old 01-08-2013, 05:53 PM

Finally after countless sleepless nights i have completed tiny tower !!!

[URL="http://towers.nimblebit.com/422979068"]http://towers.nimblebit.com/422979068[/URL]
Old 01-13-2013, 12:49 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I have no strategy whatsoever, because it's not a game where you need one. I just stock my stores whenever the spirit of gaming moves me to open Tiny Tower (not lately because I haven't had the time or energy to play anything for the past few weeks.) In PF and PP, you need some type of strategy -what frogs to breed or what cargo to load- but I like TT for being what it is: a simple, relaxing freemium (and for not pressuring me to check my iPod every five minutes.)
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

^ The only strategy I have is to build across the various types of businesses and, when necessary, add another residential floor. And I only really see it as a way to pass time waiting for the bus to/from work.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 AM

There are new missions or new features coming to this?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 PM
iPhone 4S

Newbie question - why does it say VIP x 2 on the bottom left of my screen?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (152.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_paper View Post
Newbie question - why does it say VIP x 2 on the bottom left of my screen?
It's a bug. You need to restart the game. It happens sometimes when you use a VIP from the lobby.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 AM
iPad 2

I am late to the party, but I finally fired this up and am having a good time. This is a fun diversion and is great to pick up from time to time when you have some spare time.