06-24-2011, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bprichard View Post
You have to think about the restocking time, though. It's an important part of the equation.

Next question is what happens when you have less than 3 items stocked. Do you get proportionally fewer customers? Or do you get the same number of customers, but they just choose between the items you have? I can't collect that data. I'm not THAT anal.
That is something only Nimblebit knows. The amount of times it takes something to sell out varies (thus why we can't get an alert that something is sold out when the app isn't running).

I don't really think about time it takes to do something in this game. I stock it when I get an alert, I restock after I stock, and work with new floors when they are made. I just think of the total amount it can make. (thus I can never me a business man) It also varies with VIPs.

Need help with Pocket Frogs read this: Dbhjed's Pocket Frogs Strategies
Is iDOS confusing you? read this: iDOS Guide
06-24-2011, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhjed View Post
That is something only Nimblebit knows. The amount of times it takes something to sell out varies (thus why we can't get an alert that something is sold out when the app isn't running).

I don't really think about time it takes to do something in this game. I stock it when I get an alert, I restock after I stock, and work with new floors when they are made. I just think of the total amount it can make. (thus I can never me a business man) It also varies with VIPs.
There is some variance about number of sales, but it's all around a mean. It could be collected by writing down time between restocks. If you do it enough times, it will give you the average. I'm half tempted to do this, but it's Friday night in China. I will ignore my infuriating tower for 8 or 9 hours of mahjong. If I'm super bored tomorrow, I may start keeping data on this. Then we can all have the answers that probably only I want.

Rumble Jungle Free to play creature collection battle game

Brad Prichard
Newbility Games

06-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Enough mathcraft. With BitBook on there, I want Bitter and Bumbler added.
06-24-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bprichard View Post
There is some variance about number of sales, but it's all around a mean. It could be collected by writing down time between restocks. If you do it enough times, it will give you the average. I'm half tempted to do this, but it's Friday night in China. I will ignore my infuriating tower for 8 or 9 hours of mahjong. If I'm super bored tomorrow, I may start keeping data on this. Then we can all have the answers that probably only I want.
It is different all time time (while I am sure there is a mean), Every time you open a new shop that is is the same type it lowers overall demand for all the shops of that type.
Attached Images
File Type: png demand overall.PNG (134.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png store demand.PNG (108.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png shop demand 1.PNG (114.7 KB, 2 views)

Need help with Pocket Frogs read this: Dbhjed's Pocket Frogs Strategies
Is iDOS confusing you? read this: iDOS Guide

Last edited by dbhjed; 06-24-2011 at 05:10 AM.
06-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhjed View Post
It is different all time time (while I am sure there is a mean), Every time you open a new shop that is is the same type it lowers overall demand for all the shops of that type.
Sure, the demand changes, but you can account for that easily. Just multiply your results by the percentage of demand. (Or just maintain a constant demand during the data collection period.)

At this point the question becomes, is it worth solving these problems? By doing so, one can arrive at the optimal gameplay style. The system is simple enough to figure out completely, more or less. It's probably a lot more fun to just do whatever, though. And I'm really hope that somewhere hidden deep in the game are some special kinds of bitizens or shops. If not, I can't imagine really sticking with it for long enough to care.

Rumble Jungle Free to play creature collection battle game

Brad Prichard
Newbility Games
06-24-2011, 05:14 AM
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: In a van, down by the river!
Posts: 2,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
I wouldn't if I were you, I've demo'd quite a lot of floors hoping to get something better, but the construction time + loss of income isn't worth it. I personally didn't like the pub because its 1st item had low stock and required constant restocking (though it gives ppl something to do). I would rather evict people and get dream jobs etc.

Btw do I get residents when I'm away from the game?
The fact is at this point, I have to restock the pub so much that it's requiring too much effort. Even with multiple dream job employees, I'm getting 375 quantity for the highest level item. Yes, it only takes 24 minutes, but I want to get to the point that I don't have to constantly be ON the game. So if I can replace it with something that pulls in stock in the thousands, I'm in a much better place. I'm going to test it overnight.

And no, you won't. For residents, you have to take them there, it won't fill up your hotels without you manually doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprichard View Post
So we are looking at a greater than linear change. However, it's actually pretty small at this level. These things add up, though. I'll need some more data to figure out the pattern. Anyone want to help me out with prices for higher levels?
At this point, it doesn't matter. This isn't an argument that we need to have. The whole point is that we enjoy playing the game. It might grow exponentially but it's manageable and wortwhile to still play. You may take a bit longer to expand as you go forward, when you're at level 20, you have 10 businesses pulling in 20 businesses of money, so that increases along with it. The time it takes to stock (so far I'm at under 2 hours for upwards of 3ish/k of stock) allows you to have the game going on its own, so you don't have to micromanage your microcitizens.

Also, to put it into perspective - I'm seriously rolling in money now that I'm at 19 floors and lots of businesses. Tons of coins all over the place, I'm at 40k in just over an hour. So it takes me about 2 hours to add another floor.

Anyway, it's too late and I really should be sleeping, but I just need to... finish. This. Thing. Have to add another floor. Only 14 more bux needed... must not... stay up... that long...

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
06-24-2011, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bprichard View Post
Sure, the demand changes, but you can account for that easily. Just multiply your results by the percentage of demand. (Or just maintain a constant demand during the data collection period.)

At this point the question becomes, is it worth solving these problems? By doing so, one can arrive at the optimal gameplay style. The system is simple enough to figure out completely, more or less. It's probably a lot more fun to just do whatever, though. And I'm really hope that somewhere hidden deep in the game are some special kinds of bitizens or shops. If not, I can't imagine really sticking with it for long enough to care.
Figuring I've played this game for the past month and never cared, I can't imagine starting now. All I know money has never really been an issue, and shop sales varies

Need help with Pocket Frogs read this: Dbhjed's Pocket Frogs Strategies
Is iDOS confusing you? read this: iDOS Guide
06-24-2011, 05:15 AM
Question: Is there no benefit to having THREE employees with the same dream job, working at that dream job?

If one employee is working there, it seems there is no stock bonus.
If two employees work there, stock levels multiply x2.

I just, just got one more Bitizen who had the same dream job and was expecting stock levels to triple. However, they're still at x2. A bit disappointing!

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs
06-24-2011, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
Question: Is there no benefit to having THREE employees with the same dream job, working at that dream job?

If one employee is working there, it seems there is no stock bonus.
If two employees work there, stock levels multiply x2.

I just, just got one more Bitizen who had the same dream job and was expecting stock levels to triple. However, they're still at x2. A bit disappointing!
It goes to level.

1 dream job level 1 gets x2, 2 dream job level 2 gets x2, 2 dream jobs level 3 x2.
Attached Images
File Type: png all dream.png (44.4 KB, 16 views)

Need help with Pocket Frogs read this: Dbhjed's Pocket Frogs Strategies
Is iDOS confusing you? read this: iDOS Guide

Last edited by dbhjed; 06-24-2011 at 05:21 AM.
06-24-2011, 05:17 AM
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: In a van, down by the river!
Posts: 2,416
When you demolish, why do I see "All stock and *hearts* for this floor will be lost"

What does "hearts" mean? I don't see hearts.

Okay, so I've tested demolishing.

Doing that at a lower level doesn't benefit anything at all. All I lost was my dream job Pub guy.

All the times are the same, they increase at higher levels in the tower. so build residences first and then build businesses on top.

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 06-24-2011 at 05:20 AM.