★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Earth has Marines, space has D.A.R.K. Squadron. After losing contact with the USS Storm Bringer, a group of elite soldiers from D.A.R.K. Squadron has been sent in to investigate. Explore the labyrinthine corridors of the super-ship in this sci-fi action-RPG and uncover the mystery. Fight waves of deadly enemies, solve ingenious puzzles, and defeat enormous bosses as you uncover the shocking truth about the Storm Bringer.

D.A.R.K. Highlights
Massive single-player campaign will have you playing for hours on end.
Huge variety of gameplay, from gunfights to puzzles, ensures you're always on your toes.
Atmospheric soundtrack and intense weapon sound effects turn the action up to 11.
Explore the ship for upgrades and cash, and develop your character how you see fit.
Haunting narrative will keep you on your toes and immerse you in the gritty sci-fi world.
Cutting-edge 3D graphics look absolutely stunning and will push your hardware to the max.
The intuitive and customizable control scheme makes killing enemies with precision both fun and simple.
Countless weapons and items to find and upgrade add a level of depth not found in other games.
Three difficulty levels to choose from so anyone can play, whether you're a novice or veteran player.
Full support for achievements and leaderboards so you can see how you stack up against other players.

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

06-22-2011, 06:18 AM
Finally it's out AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan

06-22-2011, 06:32 AM
OMG OMG OMG INstabuy OMG missed out on the Beta been wanting this since announcement! wooooooooooooooooo cant wait 12am UK Time

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??
06-22-2011, 07:30 AM
I'm hoping this plays more like an action game than a survival shooter that's just been split into stages.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-22-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Hope this is better than Etolis Arena and not just a reskin.
It shouldn't be, GameLab made this game, not Chillingo.

It's described as an open world RPG, with missions fighting waves of enemies, solving puzzles, boss fights etc. The description also mentions that there are weapons, upgrades and cash to find.

Hakuna Matata
06-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
It's described as an open world RPG, with missions fighting waves of enemies, solving puzzles, boss fights etc. The description also mentions that there are weapons, upgrades and cash to find.
I think one of the things that made people question the gameplay was seeing "Wave 3/4", "Wave 2/3" and so forth in the screenshots, which I suppose might give the impression that the game is a series of small arena-based fights.
06-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
I think one of the things that made people question the gameplay was seeing "Wave 3/4", "Wave 2/3" and so forth in the screenshots, which I suppose might give the impression that the game is a series of small arena-based fights.
The waves of enemies might be a key part of the game, but it sounds as though it's not just a series of small arena-based fights. From the description it sounds like there's a ship to explore with missions/quests that you can choose like in any other RPG or open world game. And the missions vary from waves of enemies, puzzles and boss fights. And when you're not doing a mission then you can roam around the ship to look for cash, weapons and upgrades.
I could be wrong, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Hakuna Matata
06-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
It shouldn't be, GameLab made this game, not Chillingo.

Sweet, thanks LBG.

ıllıllı ȼ₯ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
06-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Quote:
The waves of enemies might be a key part of the game, but it sounds as though it's not just a series of small arena-based fights.
Oh, I know what the synopsis says, I was just commenting on the only reason I could see for people to have the impression that it might be a stage-based arena shooter. I guess the gameplay video was also reminiscent of twin-stick shooters already available on the platform, but realistically there are only so many ways you can present a top-down action game. ^_^
06-22-2011, 09:38 AM
This is very different from etolis. It is more like like dead space with isometric graphics, some arena screens very little rpg elements and linear story.