Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-2011, 05:02 AM
ImNoSuperMan ImNoSuperMan is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,515
Default D.A.R.K. - (by Chillingo) [1.1 Universal Update out now!]


Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up



Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up


Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)








Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 06-23-2011 at 03:10 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-22-2011, 06:18 AM
master lee master lee is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Greece kos island
Posts: 1,002
Default

Finally it's out AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-22-2011, 06:32 AM
mashead2000 mashead2000 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: York - United Kingdom
Posts: 1,141
Default

OMG OMG OMG INstabuy OMG missed out on the Beta been wanting this since announcement! wooooooooooooooooo cant wait 12am UK Time
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-22-2011, 07:30 AM
MidianGTX MidianGTX is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,772
Default

I'm hoping this plays more like an action game than a survival shooter that's just been split into stages.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:30 AM
LBG LBG is offline
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: +50° 48' 49.35", -2° 28' 28.71"
Posts: 7,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Hope this is better than Etolis Arena and not just a reskin.
It shouldn't be, GameLab made this game, not Chillingo.

It's described as an open world RPG, with missions fighting waves of enemies, solving puzzles, boss fights etc. The description also mentions that there are weapons, upgrades and cash to find.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Appletini Appletini is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Posts: 2,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
It's described as an open world RPG, with missions fighting waves of enemies, solving puzzles, boss fights etc. The description also mentions that there are weapons, upgrades and cash to find.
I think one of the things that made people question the gameplay was seeing "Wave 3/4", "Wave 2/3" and so forth in the screenshots, which I suppose might give the impression that the game is a series of small arena-based fights.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 AM
LBG LBG is offline
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: +50° 48' 49.35", -2° 28' 28.71"
Posts: 7,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
I think one of the things that made people question the gameplay was seeing "Wave 3/4", "Wave 2/3" and so forth in the screenshots, which I suppose might give the impression that the game is a series of small arena-based fights.
The waves of enemies might be a key part of the game, but it sounds as though it's not just a series of small arena-based fights. From the description it sounds like there's a ship to explore with missions/quests that you can choose like in any other RPG or open world game. And the missions vary from waves of enemies, puzzles and boss fights. And when you're not doing a mission then you can roam around the ship to look for cash, weapons and upgrades.
I could be wrong, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:54 AM
CygnetSeven's Avatar
CygnetSeven CygnetSeven is offline
Moderator
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet 10 (by way of the 8th dimension)
Posts: 5,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
It shouldn't be, GameLab made this game, not Chillingo.

It's described as an open world RPG, with missions fighting waves of enemies, solving puzzles, boss fights etc. The description also mentions that there are weapons, upgrades and cash to find.
Sweet, thanks LBG.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Appletini Appletini is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Posts: 2,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
The waves of enemies might be a key part of the game, but it sounds as though it's not just a series of small arena-based fights.
Oh, I know what the synopsis says, I was just commenting on the only reason I could see for people to have the impression that it might be a stage-based arena shooter. I guess the gameplay video was also reminiscent of twin-stick shooters already available on the platform, but realistically there are only so many ways you can present a top-down action game. ^_^
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-22-2011, 09:38 AM
FPE FPE is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: World, now Belgium
Posts: 3,031
Default

This is very different from etolis. It is more like like dead space with isometric graphics, some arena screens very little rpg elements and linear story.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent