★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PAN Vision AB
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 43.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Ionocraft Racing is a genuinely thrilling and addictive racer" - 148Apps

"Ionocraft Racing is a fun time-trial racer with a lot of potential" - Toucharcade

"a compelling addition to any racing fan's collection" - Appspy

Ionocraft Racing - Steam, speed and steel!

Construct your Ionocraft racer, race, upgrade and get all the gold medals and go for the ultimate challenge to achieve a world record. Lots of tracks and parts to upgrade your racer with, hours of exciting gameplay.

## FEATURES ##
- Game Center leaderboards and achievements.
- 13 tracks with hours of gameplay.
- Global world records to beat.
- Retina display support.

Become a fan of Ionocraft Racing on
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ionocraft-Racing/227306043965000

More cool games by PAN Vision
- Pirates vs Ninjas vs Zombies vs Pandas
- Piclings
- Mariachi Hero
- World in War

Follow us on Twitter.com/PANVision
Like us on Facebook.com/PANVision
More information on www.panvisiongames.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=98195
06-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Oooo

Looks pretty cool!

Where ever you go, there you are...
----------------------------------------
You had me at universal...
ipad2 & iPhone 5
06-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Game Impresions

Fairly basic game here: you modify your ship and do time trials to beat your time. As such, it really needs to be technically perfect in order to make the very limited (in variety) and repetitive experience feel like it's worth playing over and over again. Unfortunately, it's not quite there.

While the racing is definitely fun with good sense of speed and well balanced inertia, the frame rate, unfortunately, often takes minor hits, in particular when rounding corners. Unacceptable for a game like this; and mind you this is on an iPad 2.

Another problem is that yet again you are not able to reposition the on screen buttons. Which means, for me at least, tilt is the only comfortable way to play for any period of time. I get better results with either of the two touch options but am not able to use them due to the buttons being placed too far in. Not an issue on the smaller devices but it's honestly about time developers caught on that on the iPad every on screen button must be freely relocatable by the user to anywhere they choose.

Had this been a universal game, at a lower price, it would perhaps be easier to be more forgiving. As it stands, the frame rate and the repositioning of buttons need to be addressed before I could make a solid recommendation.

Last edited by Gabrien; 06-22-2011 at 02:55 PM.
08-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Price drop: $3.99 → 99c
08-26-2011, 09:00 AM
I enjoyed the iPhone version so I'm definitely grabbing this one.

Bought!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
08-27-2011, 05:13 AM
Wipeout :)

This kind of reminds me of Wipeout which is no bad thing!